Veloster Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks for the sweet find! im on the second video now... some things are very interesting... the room in the bag doesn't look as bad as I thought, and with the seats folded down cargo room looks pretty darn good for the lil guy! But no electric drivers seat!?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yikes. 9.7 seconds for 0-60. That seems horribly slow considering the car has the most horsepower in its class. Looking like I am going to try and hold out till the turbo comes around.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks for posting! That is by far the longest review I have ever seen. I skipped around, 80 minutes is a lot of Veloster!

I noticed 9.7 seconds for 0-60...either that guy can't shift or that's really disappointing.

Other than that, there's a lot to like in that car!

·
Registered
90 Posts
The DCT is supposed to be slower, yet it has been stated by reviewers as putting up 9.2 seconds......the manual should be faster.

Also, the Accent, with exactly the same engine, gets to 60 in 8.8 seconds, so something is very wrong with the numbers so far.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think the Accent is lighter by a hundred pounds or so. Either way, I'd like to see some demonstations on how the car handles. The last video I saw had me a bit worried.

Also, does anybody know how harsh the wear-and-tear would be on a turbo-charged aluminum block engine? I'd like to keep this car around for a while, and as fun as a turbo-velo would be, I feel like it would break down 6-8 years down the road.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi all, I am the guy who make the videos. My name is Robert Adam, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

I do not speak English so good, that's why our videos are in Romanian.

You are looking at the Veloster 1,6l GDi with 140 horse power. Acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h is in 9,7s (I do change gears very fast, I do that for a living...).

The car is very good, handling is sharp, firmly but confortable, I think the suspension is very good.

It is spacious, very good built quality (except the horrible interior in roof area, along with poor quality of sun protectors), in the back seats the heads of passenger will hit the rear window (car has a sticker with a note in that matter).

Very good gear shifting, a lot of interesting things in the engine compartment (clever mounting of many stufs).

In this version we have for the movies, I notice the lack of Bluetooth system, the car has no rain sensor and also no Mute button for the audio system.

Please ask, If you want more details.

Thanks KnightRose for link. You can also search in site other models of Hyundai, we have detailed videos of new Elantra, ix35, i20.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Hi all, I am the guy who make the videos. My name is Robert Adam, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

I do not speak English so good, that's why our videos are in Romanian.

You are looking at the Veloster 1,6l GDi with 140 horse power. Acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h is in 9,7s (I do change gears very fast, I do that for a living...).

The car is very good, handling is sharp, firmly but confortable, I think the suspension is very good.

It is spacious, very good built quality (except the horrible interior in roof area, along with poor quality of sun protectors), in the back seats the heads of passenger will hit the rear window (car has a sticker with a note in that matter).

Very good gear shifting, a lot of interesting things in the engine compartment (clever mounting of many stufs).

In this version we have for the movies, I notice the lack of Bluetooth system, the car has no rain sensor and also no Mute button for the audio system.

Please ask, If you want more details.

Thanks KnightRose for link. You can also search in site other models of Hyundai, we have detailed videos of new Elantra, ix35, i20.
Thank you for coming here! That 9.7 is so disappointing! :(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Turatti, how tall was the person in the videos that was sitting in the back seat? It seemed like leg room was decent, but head room is lacking.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Thanks very much, Robert Adam...all the way from the very mysterious land of Romania. I've read and heard a lot of good things about your country, but also a lot of bad...someday I would like to go there.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
I will watch that later. One thing to consider is that the euro spec cars may be much different option wise then out North American ones with things like Bluetooth and back-up sensors, colours, safety.

9.7 does seem awfully slow. How was this determined? VBOX data logger, 5th wheels, radar, time/distance, stopwatch?

From my experience, turbo cars generally require premium fuel, synthetic and/or different oil or lower maintenance intervals. My Genesis has been totally problem free.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Turatti, how tall was the person in the videos that was sitting in the back seat? It seemed like leg room was decent, but head room is lacking.
I am in the videos, I have 1,73 m. Space for legs is very good, but the car has a note (you can see it when I open the boot), a warning, when closing the boot, you can hit the heads of the passengers in the back seat. A man of 1,8 m size I guess is touch the rear back window with his head.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I will watch that later. One thing to consider is that the euro spec cars may be much different option wise then out North American ones with things like Bluetooth and back-up sensors, colours, safety.

9.7 does seem awfully slow. How was this determined? VBOX data logger, 5th wheels, radar, time/distance, stopwatch?

From my experience, turbo cars generally require premium fuel, synthetic and/or different oil or lower maintenance intervals. My Genesis has been totally problem free.
Please, be aware, this engine (1,4 GDi 140 HP) is not turbo, is a normally aspirated, gasoline direct injection engine. A turbo engine for Veloster, with 208 CP, is expected in 2012.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts