Veloster Forum banner
21 - 40 of 720 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Being one of the Old Folk on this board that can't stand it when you younger guys start painting wheels,
I have to admit that combination really does look good. Well done.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Being one of the Old Folk on this board that can't stand it when you younger guys start painting wheels,
I have to admit that combination really does look good. Well done.
Being on other forums and seeing how it can go bad, I know how you feel. But blue on bronze or white is the only combination I like. Other than that I prefer the stick silver or a dark charcoal with a silver finish.

Sent from my ADR6300 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
152 Posts
You referred to it as a "crappy econo box" and say that you "hate this car". I'm just curious... Why did you buy it. I like the Genisis Coupe too, and appreciate rear wheel drive!

Btw your enhancements/mods look nice, very nice.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
You referred to it as a "crappy econo box" and say that you "hate this car". I'm just curious... Why did you buy it. I like the Genisis Coupe too, and appreciate rear wheel drive!

Btw your enhancements/mods look nice, very nice.
I love the look of the v. And my rx8 had almost 100k and I needed a winter car. After being up for 2 days straight, and at my buddys. He showed me the red bull veloster, he kept going on about how I should get it. So I said, if I go to Hyundai and test drive one,and they some how approve me, I'll buy it. So I was thinking, I just bought this rx8 by myself,and then my eclipse before that, there's no way...but they did approve me and I already put my money down. It's a cool looking car, that turns many many heads, but when you're in the racing scene, it's not the one I want to be stuck with. It's almost embarrassing the power it puts out. I figured it could at least keep up with my eclipse, but nope. But than I remembered I have a sport bike that smokes everyone. So it's almost okay. It's a cool hatch to have and practical, but not for me. Regardless, I'm still going to have fun with the look since not many people on here are doing anything exciting besides the basic mods.

·
Registered
152 Posts
^^ well I tell ya I'm not so old that I've forgotten how is is to be young :). So enjoy your toy.
I, on the other hand, do lots traveling (a job thing) - 2000 miles/month average. My '02 Explorer has over 130k miles and enjoys stops at gas stations.

I was looking for a small 4 cylinder car - was interested in 5, test drove 3, chose the V, and have not regretted it at all. Love its looks, its technology, most of all the $$ I save on gas.

But yeah, historically 4 cylinder engines have never been fast :)

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Did ya put her in 4wd to park it next to the trees? :rolleyes: It looks really good! Too bad you're not gonna keep her more than a few more months...

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Did ya put her in 4wd to park it next to the trees? :rolleyes: It looks really good! Too bad you're not gonna keep her more than a few more months...
haha right xD thought i might get stuck. hmmm well i'm looking at keeping her for the winter and getting a better bike. :x instead of a coupe. So maybe shes staying. :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Just keep it. There is no other car that looks like this on the market. Just shoe horn in a 1.8T into it later and have fun. :D

·
Registered
152 Posts
Looking good! Seems to me it'd hard to part with her after the work you've put into it. If not, you won't have any trouble selling it :)

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Evo front, lost the plate for now... o_O and lost the two pin stripes along the racing stripe.

Inverse white stripe to the roof and touching up some spots on the edges of the front soon

Attachments

21 - 40 of 720 Posts