Veloster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Said he'd take my car with mods for $21K. I have $3295 worth of mods on the car as she sits.
6000 miles.
2019 R-spec.

Price of N is $32K.

What say you Veloster friends?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Said he'd take my car with mods for $21K. I have $3295 worth of mods on the car as she sits.
6000 miles.
2019 R-spec.

Price of N is $32K.

What say you Veloster friends?
Is your mod car less of a car than a stock N?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got a roughly 250hp R-spec but the new car offers a higher bottom-end with which to start anew and a DCT and a eLSD.

I'm mainly wondering if the numbers look low, right or way too good?

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Keep pushing toward the end of the month. Take the $21K and get the price of the N lowered.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Dry clutch vs wet clutch

·
Registered
558 Posts
Dct?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, all of the performance features that come with the DCT made it the main reason I upgraded.

I spent too much time on track being super careful with my downshifts. Cost me time.

With the DCT, you can flick the downshift paddle and if the revs are too high, it won't shift. If the revs come down enough within 1 second, it will remember and execute the downshift command.

Idiot proof. I need that. Being an idiot and all.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,082 Posts
Dim sun.
RIP crispy mobile :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't like the new one nearly as much from the outside.
But I sit on the inside and damn is this thing sweet. The new seats are great btw.

Funny story, they pulled mine in the shop for me to check my R-spec wheels on the N, because I'm going to keep them. All of the mechanics were checking it out. Then as I was driving off in my N, two of the mechanics came ripping around the corner in my old R-spec. They were out hotrodding it.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,082 Posts
Wellll not your problem anymore haha

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pictures, Crispy!
Chalk White N. Can't get it out of the garage because it is sitting on the P Zeros and it is 7 degrees here!

Probably going to leave this one very lightly modified. I want to stay in the D Street class in Autocross and Sport 3 in Time Trials. Will rice it up a bit though. Looking for the big N decal.

Here, all you can have. Needed to test my 18" RP03s on it today.

·
Registered
2012 Veloster NA(brother's now), 71 VW Type 3 Fastback, 70 VW type 3 Fastback, 2011 TDI Sportwagen
359 Posts
Chalk White N. Can't get it out of the garage because it is sitting on the P Zeros and it is 7 degrees here!

Probably going to leave this one very lightly modified. I want to stay in the D Street class in Autocross and Sport 3 in Time Trials. Will rice it up a bit though. Looking for the big N decal.

Here, all you can have. Needed to test my 18" RP03s on it today.

View attachment 133951
7 degrees!? Practically summer there! I just had to do a starter in -15 here :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't like the new one nearly as much from the outside.
But I sit on the inside and damn is this thing sweet. The new seats are great btw.

Funny story, they pulled mine in the shop for me to check my R-spec wheels on the N, because I'm going to keep them. All of the mechanics were checking it out. Then as I was driving off in my N, two of the mechanics came ripping around the corner in my old R-spec. They were out hotrodding it.
Please tell me about the N's seats. The cheap as seats in 2020 rspec is killing my back. Getting a lumbar item to try but everything is wider than the seat.

It is a back killer

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The N's all new seats for 2021 certainly look better. I love the bolstering better than the R-spec as well. The comfort level seems to be much better as well, but I don't know if that is seat or suspension?

You should try driving your R-spec three hours to Gingerman Raceway on crappy Indiana/Michigan roads on your track tires with BC Racing coilovers. BRUTAL!

·
Registered
21 Posts
The new r
Please tell me about the N's seats. The cheap as seats in 2020 rspec is killing my back. Getting a lumbar item to try but everything is wider than the seat.

It is a back killer
The new 2021 rspec has better seats or the N? I w asnt sure.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The new r
The new 2021 rspec has better seats or the N? I w asnt sure.
I'm saying that the 2021 N's seats are all new. Better than the 2020 N and much better than the R-spec. I doubt they've changed the seats on the R-spec.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I say no. Especially if in your area they are hard to get ahold of. If you like it then keep it. If not then sell it but i would tell him to add 5k on too and see what he says. Why not?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts