Veloster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 V non turbo with about 110k miles. Yesterday I went to start my car and it did an extremely long start. I turned it off and on a couple times and it started fine. I put into reverse and it went back because it was on a slight incline, but when I pressed on the gas and all it did was rev. The car didn’t go anywhere. I turned off the car and tried it a couple more times still it would not go. I pushed it into another spot since we were in a parking lot. I called a tow truck and he got there about 30-45 min later. When he got in to move it I asked if he needed help pushing it he said no it was driving fine. He drove it forward and it was working fine. I thank him and drove home and it seemed fine just wondering if anyone has experienced this same problem. Sorry if the post was a little long. Just hoping to get an idea before I take it to a mechanic?

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
I'd test the battery first just in case the battery is a couple of years old or older.

·
Super Moderator
4,459 Posts
GATE SHIFT ACTUATOR a common problem with 2012's with DCT

·
Registered
2013 Veloster
11 Posts
I'm having the same issue with my 2013 veloster. I was directed to this thread. I saw the response about it possibly being from an older battery. I just checked and my battery is almost 3 yrs old. I'm going to check that 1st. Just wondering the outcome of the person that started this discussion? Was it the gate shift actuator?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts