Veloster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently trying to diagnose an issue with my mom's 2013 Veloster with a little over 105k miles. Putting the car in D results in the car not wanting to move. Almost as if the car is somewhat engaging the clutch but still slipping. The car will move slightly but the engine is revving much higher than it should be. There is a check engine light for P17C1 which points to a clutch actuator motor No.1. My mom ended up ordering some cheap clutch actuator motor and it lasted maybe 100 miles before the car started having the same issues. She ended up getting an OEM clutch actuator motor and got it installed and its still having the same issues. As far as I can tell you just remove the old clutch actuator motor and install the new one and plug it back in. I did not see any special instructions or anything on letting the clutch motor find its position when its installed new.
I've tried disconnecting the battery for a day and letting the ECU reset and had the same results. Is there a way to get the system to relearn without some fancy software or taking it to the dealer?

Any suggestions on the next step? Is the No.1 clutch cooked? Should I look at other parts that may be suspect?
I really seems like Hyundai's solution to this was to just replaced the transmission and I cannot find any information regarding the P17C1 on Hyundais.

·
Registered
2012 Veloster NA, 71 VW Type 3 Fastback, 70 VW type 3 Fastback, 2011 TDI Sportwagen
133 Posts
I don't know for sure with these transmissions but i believe there is a re-learning sequence it probably needs to go through (referenced here New TSB transmission fix for the dual clutch velosters!!)

My CVT trans in my mini cooper and my dsg vw sportwagen both had to go through a form of relearning after mechanical changes so it stands it probably applies to these highly computerized transmissions too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm currently trying to diagnose an issue with my mom's 2013 Veloster with a little over 105k miles. Putting the car in D results in the car not wanting to move. Almost as if the car is somewhat engaging the clutch but still slipping. The car will move slightly but the engine is revving much higher than it should be. There is a check engine light for P17C1 which points to a clutch actuator motor No.1. My mom ended up ordering some cheap clutch actuator motor and it lasted maybe 100 miles before the car started having the same issues. She ended up getting an OEM clutch actuator motor and got it installed and its still having the same issues. As far as I can tell you just remove the old clutch actuator motor and install the new one and plug it back in. I did not see any special instructions or anything on letting the clutch motor find its position when its installed new.
I've tried disconnecting the battery for a day and letting the ECU reset and had the same results. Is there a way to get the system to relearn without some fancy software or taking it to the dealer?

Any suggestions on the next step? Is the No.1 clutch cooked? Should I look at other parts that may be suspect?
I really seems like Hyundai's solution to this was to just replaced the transmission and I cannot find any information regarding the P17C1 on Hyundais.
I have a 2012 Veloster. I am having the same issue. When Driving the D signal blinks and the motor revs up to 4 rpm. I have to park for a while. After a few moments it resets its self. Also my oxygen sensor is bad as well as my Passenger airbag. I'm the second owner. I bought the car with 24k in 2016. It is now 8 years old with 61k miles. My mechanic says it will cost about 2500.00. The center audio touch screen has already stopped working. Seems like everything is breaking down on this car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts