Veloster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hyundai America sent me a notice of Class Action against them. If you own a 2016 or 2017 Veloster with the DCT (automatic, not the manual shifts), you are eligible to participate as the "class" suing Hyundai America.

I've brought my Veloster, bought new, into service with Hyundai 4 times now and every time I would complain about how slow it shifts in automatic (it shifts fine in manual, but I bought an automatic to use it in automatic). They accepted the dual clutch transmission is slow and would try to take me in test rides with other cars that don't have the DCT.

Now I've received the notice of class action, I realize this is a larger problem. Its not just me complaining, so I went to another Hyundai dealership, farther from where I live, and they quickly told me I can have the service department do an "adaptive relearn" on the car. I will then drive it 24 to 48 hours, like a grandma, then supposedly the clutch will engage with better timing and reduce/remove the lag feel it currently has.

I am at the point where I am scheduling to bring the car in for the first time specifically for the DCT issue so I'm wondering if anyone else out there have done this and if this improved their use of their DCT? Otherwise they might just be pulling my leg a little, since they never offered this in the first 2+ years I've owned this car.

If you're further interested in the DCT class action, I recommend you try to find the lawyers representing the class. I have yet to find who they are. Hyundai America have a lot of their own legal defense up such as the website they offer DCTsettlement.com

·
Super Moderator
4,332 Posts
Should this be posted along with this here?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Should this be posted here?
No. That link is misleading as it sends you to the defendant's page. DCT owners who want to join the named plaintiffs should go to their Class lawyers. A quick search on Law360.com tells us Wylie v Hyundai Motor America parties are as follows:

Parties
August 27, 2019
Hyundai's $22M Transmission Stalling Deal OK'd
A proposed class of roughly 135,000 Hyundai owners suing over alleged transmission defects got the green light on Monday to settle their claims with the carmaker in a deal that could be worth roughly between $11 million and $22 million.

Good luck and you're welcome.

·
Super Moderator
4,332 Posts
So this has nothing to do with Veloster Issues, TSBs and Recalls?

I'll just leave here in Community Help section then, where other discussions about board problems are discussed

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So this has nothing to do with Veloster Issues, TSBs and Recalls?

I'll just leave here in Community Help section then, where other discussions about board problems are discussed
You're welcome to relocate it. I'm just trying to help people out who are experiencing clutch issues.
I mentioned this case to the last dealership I was in, while they were appraising my V. They said they have to reduce its sale price because of this case. That's pretty damning evidence that the clutch issue is reducing the car's value.

Capstone: 310-556-4811
MIC-law: 702-366-1900

·
Super Moderator
4,332 Posts
Thread moved.

While you are working on your DCT settlement, you might want to think about what is lurking behind your dash. I am going to jump you into the middle of another thread about your AC/Fan control knob burning up. Look at some of the pictures. Talk to the lawyers about this:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To file a claim and get money, you have to go to www.DCTSettlement.HyundaiUSA.com. You can submit the claim there, or print it out and mail it in.
JKT1954, I'm holding back for now as that claim form was clearly prepared by Hyundai USA attorneys. I want to sell the vehicle but I don't know if I am eligible to claim the rebate. So far, I've spoken to 2 firms representing vehicle owners and it seems we will have to wait until after the court decision on 2nd of March 2020 to know whether the claim will win or not. I will not sell the car if I can't claim the rebate. I wouldn't mind some clarification if someone out there figured this out. From what I can tell, the claim form is designed to scare owners into thinking we have to act now. It says we must opt out before end of 2019 etc. In the mean time, I will be building my case. It feels awful to be treated like this, especially as I have the original full warranty. I believe they should be reaching out to such customers with a helping hand and try to settle things without ruining the company's reputation. Hyundai dealership reps should be educated on the matter and rather than make low-ball offers for my car (this really did happen, and they put on paper for me that it is because of this pending class action) they should be understanding of our concerns and have a legit course of action they can offer us.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thread moved.

While you are working on your DCT settlement, you might want to think about what is lurking behind your dash. I am going to jump you into the middle of another thread about your AC/Fan control knob burning up. Look at some of the pictures. Talk to the lawyers about this:

Thanks NVYSeal. I might wrap that into my case although I have the upgraded ventilation on the Value Edition. In that stream they were referring to numbers on their heating. My heating button doesn't have 1-5. it has a temperature reading on the screen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts