Veloster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed my new sparco steering wheel and quick release, after a while of fidgeting with the wiring i said screw it and just put in the steering wheel didnt connect the horn wire

i got the resistor for the airbag wire installed good but there wasnt another wire for the horn couldnt figure out how the horn wiring goes in place, can someone show me their wiring, for a custom steering wheel on their veloster

i have an
Nrg - srk65 short hub
Nrg- quick release 2.0

sparco steering wheel

·
weekend racer
7,554 Posts
I believe @misnblu did this and wired a separate button for the horn.

Reactions: misnblu

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 🤫
415 Posts
I believe @misnblu did this and wired a separate button for the horn.
It's been awhile since I did the horn mod but yes there is a wire from the connection to the steering wheel that will work the horn.
Here's a schematic at the engine electrical that may help.
3D5EF585-D8D3-4429-9441-E7D0CC2E0B23.png

If I remember correctly though I had to use a volt ohm meter to figure out the wire for the horn. There's also a growing I used from that smart multi pin plug to make the wiring easier and neater when finished.

Here is the link of how I did the wiring for the horn. You'll have to scroll down and see the step by step process and what color wires I used.
Ive since changed the switch to a more flush 19mm lighted normally open switch. Looks much more professional and I no longer hit the horn button with my knee exiting the car. 😂🤷🏼‍♂️
Hope this helps. 🙏🏽👍

1 - 3 of 3 Posts