Veloster Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm still looking for my unicorn (rattle), and was basically doing a systematic inspection of every component of the engine that I could.

Crunchy throttle body

So there are two issues I have with the noises here. The first one is that the high pitched whine seems normal, but the fact that it fluctuates makes me think bad position sensor?
And the second is the very obvious crunching noise when the throttle body moves the gate opened and closed.

Is a good cleaning going to resolve this issue, or am I in for a TB replacement?

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,554 Posts
you linked a transmission breakdown, lol

i would clean the throat up a bit but otherwise a throttlebody shouldnt really rattle... maybe the return spring but there isnt one.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Don't get how they happened... Here it is

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,554 Posts
that's better!

the whining is normal. the tps is an electric potentiometer.... if it isn't broken maybe don't fix it? i know it makes an electric-like whirr when it opens and closes the butterfly but i don't remember ever feeling anything crunchy. it certainly sounds crunchy!

Reactions: swordfish_designs

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 🤫
824 Posts
There is an internal spring inside the throttlebody operating the throttle plate to return to closed position when letting off the throttle.
That may be what you're hearing and it may be wearing out. 🤷🏼‍♂️
As cheap as these are why not just replace it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts