Veloster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
After the recent Hurricane, I found my passenger side flooring is completely soaked. Couldn't find any leaks coming from the sunroof or doors. Pulled my passenger seat out to clean and vacuum up the water. Then I noticed a lot of moisture around my glove compartment. Took that out and saw that everything behind it was dripping wet..

Did my research and it seems as if the cowl sealant for the debris by the windshield may have decayed or something. I poured some water down there and pulled back the carpet under the glove compartment and saw a nice and healthy flowy stream of water going right into my car 馃檪馃檪馃檪馃檪

Does anyone have any experience with this issue? I would much rather do this myself, but just not entirely sure on how to go about it. Talked with a friend and he suggested I just go to the dealership and they should do it for like $20, but naturally, I'm skeptical it will be that cheap.

Suggestions?

Registered
2012 Veloster NA, 71 VW Type 3 Fastback, 70 VW type 3 Fastback, 2011 TDI Sportwagen
That cheap? Absolutely not, that doesn't even cover labor unless it's under warranty. I cant say i've heard of this issue yet with these cars but there also isn't Hurricanes in the north. What year is your veloster?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
That cheap? Absolutely not, that doesn't even cover labor unless it's under warranty. I cant say i've heard of this issue yet with these cars but there also isn't Hurricanes in the north. What year is your veloster?
I have the 2012 as well. I would try to get a picture of what i am talking about, buy my phone camera does not work.. I can try with my video camera in the morning if needed

Registered
I wouldn't think these cars would be old enough for things like that to be deteriorating so soon, but who knows, depending on climate, etc.

Something to double check is maybe a grommet or something isn't seated correctly in that area. I had a leak like that in my last work truck, any rain would pour into the passenger area compartment. It turned out to be a grommet for some wires running through the firewall had popped out

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE: Managed to get my cowl off! Had to bang the **** out of the base of the wiper arms. My issue ended up being just a nest of some sorts clogging up the debris catcher. Water was over flowing and dumping right into the cabin of my car 馃檭

Cleaned that all out then dumped some water down and no more leakage!

feel kind of dumb now but thankfully it was a bigger issue

Registered
2012 Veloster NA, 71 VW Type 3 Fastback, 70 VW type 3 Fastback, 2011 TDI Sportwagen
Glad you were able to get it fixed. I've always felt designing the inlet in the rain tray base was a dumb idea

weekend racer
a rubber or deadblow hammer works great on the arms.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts