Veloster Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 turbo with cylinder 1, 2, and 3, misfiring. I bought spark plugs already but I can't seem to find OEM coil packs. It's urgent I need my car for nursing school, they're strict on attendance. Could anyone point me in the right direction

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,249 Posts
what did you buy for spark plugs? make and part number. did you gap them to .028 ?

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,249 Posts
return them and get the correct plugs.

NGK SILZKR7E8EG 93655

Reactions: Velosta and Ricky-D

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,249 Posts
also what is your mileage and mods?

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,249 Posts
hopefully they are not the original plugs, they should be changed at 48k, you may have to get them on amazon... it will be ~$100 or less.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,249 Posts
don't even try it... get 4 OEM hyundai coils for a VT.

these plugs and coils are super important not to skimp on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

How would I know which to go with, it's my first car and my first issue sorry if my questions seem dumb

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,249 Posts
the set of 4 should work, but i would only order the plugs at this time.... coils may be just fine. usually a coil issue is one misfire vs 3.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,249 Posts
you're welcome!

·
Administrator
4,637 Posts
Do make sure you gap the plugs even if they say pre-gapped. Gap should be 0.028.

Reactions: RPW00Mirage

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 2015 turbo with cylinder 1, 2, and 3, misfiring. I bought spark plugs already but I can't seem to find OEM coil packs. It's urgent I need my car for nursing school, they're strict on attendance. Could anyone point me in the right direction
When I experienced a hesitation on my 2012 (stock), my iridium spark plugs were burnt, had wide gaps. Removed them out, took my old iridiums, cleaned and gapped them to 0.4 mm. Went for a smog and passed just last April. These high pressured GDI engines are ticking time bombs (one to cause fire). Selling as soon as soon as I'm done cleaning the inside and touching the paint.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,249 Posts
On the turbo it’s most likely plugs before coils.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts