Veloster Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m not sure if this is the right place but. I recently bought a 2012 Hyundai Veloster with a dct engine. And when I come from a complete stop or reverse to drive when I step on the gas there’s a single click that seems like it’s coming from under the car. How do I make that not happen?

·
Registered
564 Posts
vid?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it like a deep clunk that comes from underneath your car. Can you feel it or just hear it?
[/QUOTE
I can hear it but not really feel it. And yeah like a clunk it’s more the middle area I think as opposed to being in the front of the car

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you just bought the car I should just to go to the dealer you bought it from and have them check it cuz a clunk from the middle of the car sounds like it might be the transmission. I'm not an expert on that but since you just bought the car I would take it back to them and be like hey why is it making this noise. And hopefully they're honorable enough that they would try to fix it for you. Since you bought the car from them. Or it can be motor mounts either way I would still take it to them to have a professional look at it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Kinda like a clunk and yeah I feel it a little
If it clunks every time you put it into reverse or in first sounds like either the motor mounts or the transmission. Again I would take it to the place you bought it from. There's a possibility because your car is a 2012 that the motor mounts could have started to go or your transmission. Again I'm not a professional I'm just giving you what I think it would be on previous cars I have owned in the past.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If it clunks every time you put it into reverse or in first sounds like either the motor mounts or the transmission. Again I would take it to the place you bought it from. There's a possibility because your car is a 2012 that the motor mounts could have started to go or your transmission. Again I'm not a professional I'm just giving you what I think it would be on previous cars I have owned in the past.
Okay thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I’m not sure if this is the right place but. I recently bought a 2012 Hyundai Veloster with a dct engine. And when I come from a complete stop or reverse to drive when I step on the gas there’s a single click that seems like it’s coming from under the car. How do I make that not happen?
this just happened to my 2013, my engine went and we had to replace it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I learned the hard way with my 2012 Veloster the the awesome Hyundai warranty does not transfer to the second owner, that spending the extra $125-$200 to have a diagnostics test performed before signing(or possibly do it yourself for free at any local auto parts retailer by borrowing a tester), and know if your state has a Lemon Law for used cars. It's 30 days in my state, Wisconsin, but I suspected transmission issues two days after buying it at a dealer. The transmission check box was checked on the window sticker as being fine, but the intermittent slipping got worse and worse until it eventually stopped working. Turned out to be a faulty DCT clutch and motor, outside the 30 day Lemon Law at this point, and to the tune of a $2100 repair bill.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Lower motor mount , get a solid one , and replace other two , i have a 2014 hundai veloster 6 speed they make a stiffer lower mount.
Qiuck Question , im replacing my clutch for a stage 3 clutch , how many quarts of fluid does the manual requir , i have amsoil , but assuming there is a break in period then change manual oil

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,340 Posts
EDIT: no idea for DCT.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have the same noise on my 2012 MT none turbo Veloster. I believe its coming from the caliper a d brakes. When you start to excelerate slow and then apply brakes and go in reverse you hear a sort of *tick tok noise. I have had it on mine since day one and at 100k miles. It used to bother me because i thought it was something wrong but i believe it may be the brake pads pulling apart from the rotors in the back from inertia. The back brake calipers dont squeeze the same way. They twist out and squeeze. So i believe it may be from doing that and the pads suddenly pulling away from the caliper and the back plates maybe taping ahaibst the hydraulic cylinder of the caliper.

I'm not 100% sure but i hear its also comon with manual transmission. So i could be wrong entirely 😂 and its just a sound the gear box makes when it engages.

All i do know is after 100,000miles it still does it, sounds the same and never had a problem. I just turn my music up. 😂

Im still convinced its something with the brake caliper mounts moving a tad. Maybe the bolts that hold it in place knock when there is sudden inertia on them in one direction then another.

Anyone, feel free to correct me.

·
Registered
564 Posts
my DCT was replaced twice and the flywheel 3 times due to clicking and what not. but idk if this is the same issue since we dont have a vid of the noise

Reactions: misnblu

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 🤫
626 Posts
my DCT was replaced twice and the flywheel 3 times due to clicking and what not. but idk if this is the same issue since we dont have a vid of the noise
All that racing and having fun in it has taken its toll. 😂😉😜
That's why I'm glad I have a stick. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Well I do hope some resolution to this problem can be had. Motor mounts are easy to check and the clunking could also be a weak or broken exhaust pipe hanger too.
Good luck. I'm curious to hear what the fix was for it. 🤞👍

·
Registered
564 Posts
FULL SEND!!! lol

but in all seriousness, yes I hope this all gets sorted out & would like to know the outcome.

Reactions: misnblu
1 - 17 of 17 Posts