Veloster Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy howdy! Anyone done a cleanout of the first-gen turbo with the CRC product?

Seems safe enough, but figured I would check to see if anyone had good results or recommendations. I'm sitting at 115k and about to start a full bolt-on upgrade project, seems like a good idea to do as much cleaning on the engine and fuel system that I can before starting to run it harder.

Thanks!

Geoff

·
Administrator
4,581 Posts
Welcome to the forums,

I am on the fence about this. Some like CRC and Others call it snake oil. I tend to lean towards the latter. I would think using a top tier gas like Chevron or Shell along with their Techron or V Power respectively will do the same as CRC for the turbo and may be good for the DI engine also.

What type of gas and maintenance has your car been running/had throughout it life? What year is your Veloster

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a 2015, I was waiting until after the 100k mark to start doing stuff to it and keep my warranty for as long as possible since it is my daily driver. Been mostly running Speedway or Sheetz for gas, so not exactly top tier. Otherwise I have used the Techron a few times and keep all the other routine maintenance up to snuff.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Gasoline additive like Techron is recommended by Hyundai specifically to keep the gasoline in the fuel system from turning bad and fouling up the system.

Gasoline additive will do nothing, absolutely nothing to help keep the intake system clean and clear. It will not clean the intake valves, not even a little. Nothing.

The only way to clean the intake valves is to remove the intake manifold and abrasively blast the actual valve to remove the buildup. 💲 The only way.

·
Administrator
4,581 Posts
Gasoline additive like Techron is recommended by Hyundai specifically to keep the gasoline in the fuel system from turning bad and fouling up the system.

Gasoline additive will do nothing, absolutely nothing to help keep the intake system clean and clear. It will not clean the intake valves, not even a little. Nothing.

The only way to clean the intake valves is to remove the intake manifold and abrasively blast the actual valve to remove the buildup. 💲 The only way.
From the website:
Font Automotive lighting Liquid Screenshot Brand

PDS Page for GDI engines"

Not sure how they can get away with false advertising However I do agree with you, for an engine that has not been taken care of and has used budget gas throughout its life, a good walnut blasting will improve engine performance almost instantly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts