Veloster Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody chiptune there Veloster Turbo . I have a 2016 Hyundai Veloster R-Spec. I'm trying to figure out a way where I can tune the engine and not put too much on it to where I blow it up but enough to get at least an extra 25 to 50 horsepower out of it and not have the Hyundai dealership find out or a way to clear it so if something goes wrong they cant research it or find out that I did chip tuned it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay I still have a manufacturer warranty on my Veloster I just want to make sure that if something goes on it that I'll be able to hide the previous tune so they won't find out in void my warranty is that possible with you guys?

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,340 Posts
i would get a 2nd ecu if you plan on tuning.

Reactions: Miami Rspec

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Might need additional ECU, but I would contact them for sure.
So I would basically have to buy another ECU used then send it to you guys to be tuned. Would I have to also give you information as far as intake exhaust Etc?
i would get a 2nd ecu if you plan on tuning.
Yeah that's what I'm working on now trying to see if I can find the car with the same year and then R-Spec is mine junk yards have them. Trying to figure out which ones as we speak.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Has anybody chiptune there Veloster Turbo . I have a 2016 Hyundai Veloster R-Spec. I'm trying to figure out a way where I can tune the engine and not put too much on it to where I blow it up but enough to get at least an extra 25 to 50 horsepower out of it and not have the Hyundai dealership find out or a way to clear it so if something goes wrong they cant research it or find out that I did chip tuned it.
I have the RaceChip GTS Black

I've had the car since May '18. At the time, RaceChip didn't have a device for the VT. After a few months they finally developed it. So about 9 months after buying the car, I installed it and have had it on ever since. Last mid December, I was going home from work and all of a sudden lost all power. Turns out the turbo blew. Obviously when I brought it to the dealership I disconnected the race chip and the harness. It does not leave any fingerprint unlike remapping your ECU. Everyone has their own opinion, but you see with the estimated horsepower is now in my car. And if I didn't like it my friend, it wouldn't be in. You should definitely check it out!
All the best

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Btw, the dealership covered the new turbo and intercooler, new plugs, and cleaned the top half of the engine. No questions asked
I also have a k&n CAI, and an axle back Borla exhaust. The car is probably faster than the 1st gen Veloster N. Despite never before having it on a Dyno. No need, I know it's MUCH FASTER than stock

·
Registered
26 Posts
It wasn't because of the RaceChip. It was just a fluke thing according to the dealership. Not excessive strain on the engine

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,340 Posts
i cast doubt on your claim it's faster than a stock N... we would need atleast a dyno or 1/4 slip.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Btw, the dealership covered the new turbo and intercooler, new plugs, and cleaned the top half of the engine. No questions asked
I also have a k&n CAI, and an axle back Borla exhaust. The car is probably faster than the 1st gen Veloster N. Despite never before having it on a Dyno. No need, I know it's MUCH FASTER than stock
Well you must have a good dealership because I've already bought mine to my Hyundai dealership they've already replaced the turbo the PCV valve sensors and now I have a noise that originally went for which was piston slapping. So I had to take my car back and now I have to remove all my mods cold air intake blow off valve can cuz he says they might not guarantee the warranty. If I put all the stock stuff back on he says they will cover it all.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think I'll just get a secondary ECU and have that one programmed so if anything ever blows just remove that one and put in my stock one. That seems to be the best way but everybody has their own preferences.

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 🤫
626 Posts
I think I'll just get a secondary ECU and have that one programmed so if anything ever blows just remove that one and put in my stock one. That seems to be the best way but everybody has their own preferences.
If you do then make sure that all the numbers and letters match to your original ecu.
I just got a second ecu for the Accent and the main number was exact as was the production date so make sure you look for this.
Remember to sort between manual and auto/ dct gearbox when you look for the ecu. They're not expensive and my VT ecu I'll be using in the Accent starts the car and isles fine so I know it'll work once I turbo swap. It was bought on eBay. 😉
So was my Accent ecu so don't be afraid to purchase from eBay as most test them and/ or come of a running model when they're sold. 👍🤟
Good luck. 🤟🤞

1 - 15 of 15 Posts