Veloster Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 veloster turbo automatic so I have a problem check engine light came on and now sometimes when I am driving it feels like I have almost no power if I try to accelerate the rpms go up but I don't actually speed up. No weird noises and the engine seems to be running fine I have taken it to one shop 2 times for this problem first they said vacuume leak "fixed" that then they said it was my turbos Westgate valve so they replaced that then yesterday I got the problem again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
2016 veloster turbo automatic so I have a problem check engine light came on and now sometimes when I am driving it feels like I have almost no power if I try to accelerate the rpms go up but I don't actually speed up. No weird noises and the engine seems to be running fine I have taken it to one shop 2 times for this problem first they said vacuume leak "fixed" that then they said it was my turbos Westgate valve so they replaced that then yesterday I got the problem again.
Also going to try getting the code from auto zone or something after work today

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,350 Posts
yup... we will need the code to help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so went to an auto parts store that read the code it was P0299 they said the known fixes they have are replacing the turbo itself or the turbo pressure sensor might be the cause as well I looked up the code and it says that low boost is detected. I would really like to not replace the entire turbo if possible obviously.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,350 Posts
low boost output could be a few different, much cheaper and easier things. check all intercooler piping. check BOV for tears in the valve. pull and vacuum test both bov and wastegate solenoids.

you may need to check over some diagrams and make sure the vacuum lines are routed properly... this is the proper routing for the bov side, i copied/edited it a bit from a post on the vt forum.

Handwriting Gesture Slope Font Parallel

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK I'm hoping it is just a loose or broken hose I don't really have a way to work on it myself so I am going to take it to a hyundai dealer near me and have them check it all out the last place I took it to said the turbo was still putting out power but I don't think they did a thorough check on all the hoses and everything.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They replaced one of my wastegates because they said it wasn't functioning properly but then 2 days later the check engine light came on again so I am assuming there is just a leak somewhere

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Yep, for you the best probable place to take it is the Hyundai dealer, you may pay a bit more but the repairs should be warranty and hopefully they will be more experienced with your particular model of car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts