Veloster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been looking around for cheap modifications to help make my 2014 NA Velo sound nice. But I'm not finding a whole lot, I found a few people suggesting a muffler/resonator delete, one person said just to replace the downpipe first. I'm hoping to find something under $200 to help make my baby sound nice, can anyone help me out?

·
weekend racer
6,832 Posts
if you want under $200 you will need to go to a muffler shop for a custom exhaust.

or you may get lucky finding something used.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yeah, a muffler shop could do it, but that is big. I was thinking of turbo, it has 2.5". See what a muffler shop recommends.

·
weekend racer
6,832 Posts
the turbokits setup on the NAV was 2.5 i believe.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Muffler shops use crush bent pipes to make the bends of the piping.
This will actually make your piping smaller than you want so I'd suggest saving your money and get something with mandrel bends to maintain full sizing throughout the exhaust.

Don't cheap out and good luck. 👍

·
Registered
20 Posts
So I've been looking around for cheap modifications to help make my 2014 NA Velo sound nice. But I'm not finding a whole lot, I found a few people suggesting a muffler/resonator delete, one person said just to replace the downpipe first. I'm hoping to find something under $200 to help make my baby sound nice, can anyone help me out?
I have a very good K2 rear axle back complete exhaust barely used it sounds great not too obnoxiously loud with a very nice low tone too it. If you’re interested in buying it. I’ll sell it too you for a good price. Cost me about 300 + with shipping. But I’ll let it go for less then half without shipping. Contact me here if I peaked your interest? Yes it’s all stainless steel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts