Veloster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just bought my first car, a century white 2013 VT. I took it out for a drive and when I tried to downshift to second it wouldn’t, now it doesn’t shift at all, a friend had to tow me home

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 🤫
626 Posts
Hi, I just bought my first car, a century white 2013 VT. I took it out for a drive and when I tried to downshift to second it wouldn’t, now it doesn’t shift at all, a friend had to tow me home
More information is necessary for an evaluation of how we can help.
We need mileage, auto or stick, and what maintenance if any has been done to the car.

Cingrats on the purchase and now let's see how we can help by further information from you. 👍

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
More information is necessary for an evaluation of how we can help.
We need mileage, auto or stick, and what maintenance if any has been done to the car.

Cingrats on the purchase and now let's see how we can help by further information from you. 👍
It has about 104k miles and it’s a 6spd manual, no maintenance has been done recently that I’m aware

·
Registered
626 Posts
It goes through the gears when off, I’ve been told it might be the slave cylinder ?
So you're able to shift gears with the shifter but the transmission is not engaging? Yes?
Are you feeling any engagement from the clutch pedal?

Check your brake reservoir as it has both the brake and clutch reservoir in one unit. It's divided so you'll see the larger brake portion of the reservoir and smaller separated clutch reservoir. Is the clutch portion full and even with the brake?

Slaves cylinders do go out especially if they've never been replaced or bled. The spring valve may also be clogged from never being bled with new fluid if that's the case.
They're not hard to replace so check all that out and go from there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the advice. From hyundai there are separate slave cylinders for the base and turbo model, are they actually different or is it just a markup for the turbo?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Thanks for the advice. From hyundai there are separate slave cylinders for the base and turbo model, are they actually different or is it just a markup for the turbo?
Slave on the NAV is outboard of the tranny while the turbo slave is inboard. They're two different transmissions with the turbo tranny being a beefier model. 👍

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,340 Posts
inside the trans and outside the trans.

·
Registered
16 VT
1,090 Posts
Well, by reading your 7 posts, i would say no. If i were doing it, not at my house for sure. But, if you know someone at a shop...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So I tried the car again today and it’s working just fine, any other ideas why it refused to go into gear when it now does so eagerly?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts