Veloster Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All. I've been gone a long time again, but I'm still rocking the '19 Turbo. Over 70K km now, and other than little stuff, it's still a great car. I've almost traded it in for an "N" at least twice, but I just can't pull the trigger.

It actually landed me a 1st Place finish in my local TA Championship this summer, on just a set of sticky Falkens and lighter wheels. It's a very capable little car, and easy to drive at the edge. It shocked a lot of my friends in the same race class. The little stock brakes leave something to be desired though, but with a lot of bleeding, flushing and changing of brake pads I managed to almost trust them by the end of the summer. If I ever compete with it again, big brakes are the first priority.

Then a week before the snow fell, I hit some $hit laying on the highway in the dark and totaled one of the nice factory wheels. Now I'm torn on whether to buy an expensive replacement or just sell the 3 good ones I have left. Anyone selling right now... or buying? I threw in some pics too, bottom one is the set in question.
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Tread
Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Cloud

I hope you are all keeping well.

Dason

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,831 Posts
nice to see you placing! i'm rt660 are a great tire without the potenza price. could find a replacement wheel on ebay cheapest.

Reactions: Rare Snake

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice to see you placing! i'm rt660 are a great tire without the potenza price. could find a replacement wheel on ebay cheapest.
Thanks! The RT660 is a shockingly good tire for time attack. The grip is unbelievable. I flipped them around on the wheels and I'm pretty OCD about pressure, so they wore almost perfectly. I could probably even get most of another season out of them. I run expensive PZero Corsa's on my other car, and I have just as much confidence with the Falkens.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,831 Posts
damn at 80tw they better be good!

i never found myself in trouble at the limit on the rt660. except in the rain... and oversteering lol. traction control does a great job of keeping the back reeled in most of the time. i keep it on in the rain.

Reactions: misnblu

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see quite a few Velosters around here, and many are N's, but I cannot get anyone to bring them out to the track, even for hot lapping. I will be very excited the first time I see another one putting down some laps. Some of them are quite modified too, and built for it, but there doesn't seem to be any interest in racing them. :/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts