Veloster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I recently installed a mesh grill on my veloster turbo, however I have run into issues with the clips under one of my lights and the plastic inserts on the top of the bumper...

When taking off my bumper I managed to snap the screw holding my clips into the headlight in half... leaving me with a sagging bumper and a large gap beneath the headlight. :( does anyone have any suggestions as to how I should go about reattaching these clips.

Also, after doing this mod the top of the grill has had some problems staying securely attached to the body... Also the missing clips do add to the inability of these clips to stay up. I will attach the photos.

Please let me know if you guys have any advice! I am planning on stopping at a collision repair shop and a local Hyundai dealer.

bumperRIP.jpg IMG_20180402_201847.jpg IMG_20180402_201900.jpg

·
Registered
565 Posts
After installing an M&S grille on mine, I went ahead and installed brackets which support the front fascia piece from underneath. Once you remove the center part of the grille, you remove about 80% of the support which holds it up (as you're now aware). You don't have to do it exactly like I did, but I have zero bumper sag and its nice & solid.

Here's the bracket which I made out of "L" shaped bars available at hardware stores. In fact, all this stuff was bought from hardware stores.

The hole with the arrow goes on this crash bar bolt. The shape of the bar prevents it from folding forward. I put one of these on each side.

Once these were on I used a long bolt which goes through the outer hole on the bars. A regular lock nut & washer holds it in position.

The bottom of the bolt goes through two holes I drilled through the bottom of the fascia piece, underneath where you cant see it. Here I used grommets to soften this contact point.

I then pushed the bolt through the hole and used a large washer along with a wing nut to tie it together. You can adjust the tension and height of the fascia by adjusting the wing nuts.

It's kind of crude and could be made more attractive but it works great and is stronger that it was originally. Besides, you can't see them anyways.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,082 Posts
i deleted your other thread. no need to make multiple threads on the same subject.

dang incognito! that DIY is intense! great idea.

Reactions: bouks and Incognito

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thank you! I did not mean to post it in two places I tried to cancel my first post and put it in the other thread but I guess the request went through..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What happened to your crash bar? Did you put in an aftermarket one or simply remove it??

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,082 Posts
its aftermarket.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Incognito, could you possibly have new pictures added to this thread? The write up is great, however the photos are no longer available for viewing. Thank you!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Wonder what happened to the pics?

After installing an M&S grille on mine, I went ahead and installed brackets which support the front fascia piece from underneath. Once you remove the center part of the grille, you remove about 80% of the support which holds it up (as you're now aware). You don't have to do it exactly like I did, but I have zero bumper sag and its nice & solid.

Here's the bracket which I made out of "L" shaped bars available at hardware stores. In fact, all this stuff was bought from hardware stores.

The hole with the arrow goes on this crash bar bolt. The shape of the bar prevents it from folding forward. I put one of these on each side.

Once these were on I used a long bolt which goes through the outer hole on the bars. A regular lock nut & washer holds it in position.

The bottom of the bolt goes through two holes I drilled through the bottom of the fascia piece, underneath where you cant see it. Here I used grommets to soften this contact point.

I then pushed the bolt through the hole and used a large washer along with a wing nut to tie it together. You can adjust the tension and height of the fascia by adjusting the wing nuts.

It's kind of crude and could be made more attractive but it works great and is stronger that it was originally. Besides, you can't see them anyways.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I recently installed a mesh grill on my veloster turbo, however I have run into issues with the clips under one of my lights and the plastic inserts on the top of the bumper...

When taking off my bumper I managed to snap the screw holding my clips into the headlight in half... leaving me with a sagging bumper and a large gap beneath the headlight. :( does anyone have any suggestions as to how I should go about reattaching these clips.

Also, after doing this mod the top of the grill has had some problems staying securely attached to the body... Also the missing clips do add to the inability of these clips to stay up. I will attach the photos.

Please let me know if you guys have any advice! I am planning on stopping at a collision repair shop and a local Hyundai dealer.

View attachment 121754 View attachment 121762 View attachment 121770
hey do you know where i can get those brackets for the headlights?

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,082 Posts
those brackets are part of the headlamp assembly. if you still have the ears, you can drill out the holes and add long screws... and lots of epoxy. that is how i handled it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts