Veloster Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone :)

BTRcc is back again as a supporting vendor for the Veloster.org forums~!!
We have been working very hard on getting to know the ECUs on both the Veloster and Veloster Turbo.

It seems we are 99.9% done with our canned tunes :) We just have 1 test left to do and we will be releasing dyno graphs and specs of the tune in the next coming weeks.

Just as a simple update on things.

Velosters (N/A models)
1. These vehicles do not gain huge amounts of power since it is a naturally aspirated engine that is also small in size :(
2. HOWEVER!!! this does not mean it does not gain power~ it still does gain power throughout the powerband just not huge gains like the VT models
3. The best thing about this tune will be the fact that the laggy throttle response becomes touchy and very responsive :) so makes driving the vehicle so much more fun
4. Those with Manual Transmissions get to enjoy higher Rev Limiter as well :) (7200 rpms)
5. Removed speed limiter as well :)

Veloster Turbo
1. 15-20% gain over all power
2. Increased throttle response to get rid of the dreadful Hyundai throttle lag
3. Manual Transmission get to enjoy higher Rev Limiter (7200rpms)
4. Removed Speed Limiter
5. Increased Boost

We also have a few tuning events coming up which we can do custom tuning for both Velosters and Veloster Turbos.

Chicago, Ohio, Tennessee, So Cal, and Connecticut are all happening within the next 2 months.

Please call to reserve your spot in an event close to you :)

www.btrcc.com
www.shopbtr.com

847-258-5298

·
Registered
124 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Looking forward to you guys tunes..you have to get closer though. Ya'll leaving out most of the folks in the Southern States.;)

·
Administrator
4,563 Posts
Hello Everyone :)

BTRcc is back again as a supporting vendor for the Veloster.org forums~!!
We have been working very hard on getting to know the ECUs on both the Veloster and Veloster Turbo.

It seems we are 99.9% done with our canned tunes :) We just have 1 test left to do and we will be releasing dyno graphs and specs of the tune in the next coming weeks.

Just as a simple update on things.

Velosters (N/A models)
1. These vehicles do not gain huge amounts of power since it is a naturally aspirated engine that is also small in size :(
2. HOWEVER!!! this does not mean it does not gain power~ it still does gain power throughout the powerband just not huge gains like the VT models
3. The best thing about this tune will be the fact that the laggy throttle response becomes touchy and very responsive :) so makes driving the vehicle so much more fun
4. Those with Manual Transmissions get to enjoy higher Rev Limiter as well :) (7200 rpms)
5. Removed speed limiter as well :)

Veloster Turbo
1. 15-20% gain over all power
2. Increased throttle response to get rid of the dreadful Hyundai throttle lag
3. Manual Transmission get to enjoy higher Rev Limiter (7200rpms)
4. Removed Speed Limiter
5. Increased Boost

We also have a few tuning events coming up which we can do custom tuning for both Velosters and Veloster Turbos.

Chicago, Ohio, Tennessee, So Cal, and Connecticut are all happening within the next 2 months.

Please call to reserve your spot in an event close to you :)

www.btrcc.com
www.shopbtr.com

847-258-5298
Perhaps you can throw up some Dyno Sheets for both V's

Reactions: BluMeanie and J3Vr6

·
Registered
701 Posts
Perhaps you can throw up some Dyno Sheets for both V's
+1 this... Yes, please. And please explain why you couldn't increase redline on the Automatic/DCT. Is it because its controlled by another ecu? If so, will you be hacking that one, too? :)

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,756 Posts
because they suck. no man pedal = no bueno :)

also what is the reserve fee?

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,756 Posts
just put down my deposit for the tuning day :)

Reactions: J3Vr6

·
Registered
96 Posts
What group? Fill me in

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Houston velosters usually have an meet up every month, but i havent been the meets for the past 2 months or so. But im sure there will be one next month. Just keep an look out on the "southwest" forums.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I live in the Portland, Oregon neighborhood..............any chance of a TUNER setting up shop closer to where I live...maybe even Seattle or Northern CA?

·
Registered
458 Posts
I live in the Portland, Oregon neighborhood..............any chance of a TUNER setting up shop closer to where I live...maybe even Seattle or Northern CA?
The tuner's will usually come to your area if it's worth their while. Usually ~10 cars will get them to come to you depending on the tuner.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,756 Posts
1 - 20 of 43 Posts