Veloster Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to open my trunk the other day, and the handle is completely gone. The latch is loose up inside the door and I can't get to it to open the trunk. Thankfully, the trunk will close fine. I have no idea what happened - one day the handle was there and the next it wasn't. Maybe someone tried to break in? Anyone else experience a broken trunk handle, and how much did it cost to fix? Would they have to replace the entire trunk door?

·
Registered
2013 VT ultimate white, 6spd
100 Posts
Best option ( this has happened to me ) go on ebay and order a new button. The factory trunk release button seems to break after about 4-5 yrs. The repair is easy just remove the plastic and you have direct access to the bolts. 10mm I believe 2 of them. Then the handle should come right out. Take the old button out new one in( 3 or 4 screws ? It's been 3 yrs since I did the repair) .

·
Registered
26 Posts
I went to open my trunk the other day, and the handle is completely gone. The latch is loose up inside the door and I can't get to it to open the trunk. Thankfully, the trunk will close fine. I have no idea what happened - one day the handle was there and the next it wasn't. Maybe someone tried to break in? Anyone else experience a broken trunk handle, and how much did it cost to fix? Would they have to replace the entire trunk door?
there are 2 different switches. one with camera, one without. make sure to order correct one. i got mine at walmart.com last year for 30.00. you will need a couple plastic interior pry tools too. there are several videos on youtube showing the procedure. nothing major unless by some chance the mounting plate itself is broken away (the mounting plate is where the drunken "H" is, the whole piece comes out, held by 2 bolts). switch itself is held in place with 2 screws. took me about an hour, can do it maybe 1/2 hour now. dealer quoted me 300.00. you can release the trunk by dropping a back seat, crawl into trunk and push against the little lever that is in a small slot on the bottom trim panel below where the trunk locks. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Genuine-...V1RitBh0hVA0UEAQYAyABEgK6XvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

1 - 4 of 4 Posts