Veloster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not really new here, but certainly new to starting a build thread. I had a NAV for about 2 years and then upgraded to a Turbo. So this build will be about my Turbo. I've got some plans for this one and already have a few parts on the way. Most of what I do is bolt on type stuff. I don't really get too far into a mechanical so far that I can't either go back or I screw myself in the process. Lol. Anyway, let's start with what I had.

My Turbo has a Born on Date of 10/16/2014. I took it home on December 13th, 2014. This one was fresh of the boat. It's 2015 Turbo with the Tech Package.

My old NAV

Here's my new Turbo. This is from the night I took it home. It's the only stock photo I have.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First few things I did was put on my Strut Bar and do the DYI BOV mod. I know it's more like a BPV, considering the diaphragm in use.

Next I put on my Rally Armor UR mud flaps. Didn't have any factory mud flaps.

I also put my custom lights back in. I'm leaving them blue, but will be doing a modification to them to increase the eye liner LED count. These are the Korean OEM lights so they don't have the separate LEDs the NA Turbos have in the eye liner. It's the same eye liner as the NAV.

Things are already on order
Resonator Delete on order and AEM Intake also, on order. They should be in here in a week or so. Things that will be coming in the next couple of months include an exhaust and some blue metallic matte vinyl wrap for the side skirts, front lip, and rear diffuser.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice VT. I just picked up a New 2014 Model VT That is the same color as yours. I would like to see what yours looks like once you get the vinyl wrap on there.

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Wait until u hear the woooosssshhh w/ ur new intake, u will b in love!

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Great color choice! Welcome back and excited to see what you do

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had a chrome Injen in my NAV for quite a while. It was difficult to maintain that original shiny finish. That was only a small part in the decision to get this color, tho. Since, I've got a black car, I figured this would look better, especially with the blue I'm planning on doing to the engine cover. Need to wait til it's a bit warmer tho.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Is it the gunmetal? Thats the color mine is. I love my aem.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Hells yea! I love the gunmetal color

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Turbosocks resonator delete just came in the mail. And I got a sticker. Yay! I'll get it installed soon.

Anyone have one of these? If so, any suggestions or words of wisdom? I know it goes under the car as I've seen the install guide. Some people have had problems with the OEM clamps not working after removal.

·
Registered
8,617 Posts
Ya. Get two 2.5" hose clamps from Home Depot. Words of wisdom? Vice grips. Rip the cap off the stock hose clamp and make it easier. Socket size is 5/16" if you cant get to it with a flat head.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Finally got around to installing the Turbosocks resonator delete pipe. It was a bit challenging until I figured out the the other end of the resonator hose needed to come off first to get to that blasted compression clamp on resonator. After that it was a walk in the park.

Also, installed my Active Sound Design delete mod. No more unnecessary competing engine noises in the cabin when I listen to my music. It's just me, the intake, and turbo all bouncing along to the BPM station. :D

I have some Sickspeed horns and rigid collars to install now. Hopefully I get to those this week or even the weekend. Life is getting in the way of mods. Lol.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got a few more things installed. Bought a HKS style BOV and some Sixspeed Super Tone horns. Also happened to find a radiator cover already cut for the BOV. That's a win win. Got those installed this past weekend.

Top shot

Here's a head on shot showing the height of the BOV over the radiator cover.

Here's a shot of what the Sickspeed horns look like installed. I've already scared the the $#! + out of some careless drivers. They correct real quick now when I remind them the lane is already occupied. Lol

Also added a couple stickers on the back window. +10hp.

·
Super Moderator
4,291 Posts
Awesome build. Would love to hear the horns :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'll see if I can get a video tomorrow. They're actually not too loud in the cabin, but God help you of you're in front of me. Just blipping them in the garage is painful. Lol.
I really want to switch out my horns..the stock sounds so embarrassing.. I need a manlier horn, was it easy to install? I was holding off on it because it seemed a bit complicated..

1 - 20 of 257 Posts