Veloster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought a new 2021 Veloster N. I was reading through the manual on different things and making sure I have the needed knowledge to best care for it. In the section on the break in period, I found myself with a question. I intend to drive the car 150 miles while varying my speed and making frequent stops to allow for variable RPMs. However, I will be driving on a highway for most of it. The manual states to not drive to slow or fast. The speed limit on that highway is 75 MPH. Should I try to stay closer to a variable or 65-75 MPH or should I vary it from 55-65? It doesn't really say what they consider "fast". I'm also considering just carpooling with someone instead, but I really kinda want to show off my new car. You guys know how it is.

Registered
2015 RB Accent not so stock 馃か
I have just bought a new 2021 Veloster N. I was reading through the manual on different things and making sure I have the needed knowledge to best care for it. In the section on the break in period, I found myself with a question. I intend to drive the car 150 miles while varying my speed and making frequent stops to allow for variable RPMs. However, I will be driving on a highway for most of it. The manual states to not drive to slow or fast. The speed limit on that highway is 75 MPH. Should I try to stay closer to a variable or 65-75 MPH or should I vary it from 55-65? It doesn't really say what they consider "fast". I'm also considering just carpooling with someone instead, but I really kinda want to show off my new car. You guys know how it is.
Your speed will vary automatically as you're driving the car so don't worry about it too much.
Don't redline the car or get in too high of the rpm band and just drive normally.

Once you've changed your oil and you've got about 500 miles on it have at it. Go to redline and work that engine so it breaks in properly and will never give you any troubles.
Most people do t really work these engines and have issue after issue because they lug the engines where they should be revved.
The N is even more eager to rev so have a blast with the TypeR of the Hyundai world. 馃憤馃榿馃槑

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your speed will vary automatically as you're driving the car so don't worry about it too much.
Don't redline the car or get in too high of the rpm band and just drive normally.

Once you've changed your oil and you've got about 500 miles on it have at it. Go to redline and work that engine so it breaks in properly and will never give you any troubles.
Most people do t really work these engines and have issue after issue because they lug the engines where they should be revved.
The N is even more eager to rev so have a blast with the TypeR of the Hyundai world. 馃憤馃榿馃槑
Thanks for the advice

Registered
16 VT
The oil won't probably need changed until manual says but vary your engine speed on highway, AND PLEASE USE THE RIGHT LANE!

1st gen oil said 3000 miles, not sure the N. But change whenever you want.

I remember my dad doing this on his bikes and it was crucial. Lines up with what misnblu said...good read.

weekend racer
2014 VT manual
on my VT i did 1000 easy miles at street and highway speeds, changed the oil and took it racing.

123xxx miles later it still doesn't consume any lol

Reactions: misnblu
1 - 5 of 5 Posts