Veloster Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys I got in a fender bender last week and ended up needing a bumper and headlight and maybe a hood, but anyway I got 2 new front tires in the mean time. I held off on the alignment because the car was going right to the body shop the next day and I wanted to make sure there was no other front end issues. Anyway there was a change of plans and I ended up sourcing the parts I needed myself and scheduled the alignment for 2 days after I got the tires I ended up driving 250 miles total on the new tires to get my new bumper the day before my alignment appointment, and I get home and notice the belts are once again showing on the insides of my brand new front tires. I guess what I’m asking is could this really happen just from the alignment being really bad ?? I mean the steering wheel has to be almost a half a turn to the right for the wheels to be straight. I just want to make sure this is possible and there is not some other front end damage causing this issue. I literally didn’t even run a whole tank of gas through the car with the new tires and they are shot!! Thank you in advance

- Michael

P.S the shop was Firestone because it’s close by the house and of course they try to up sell me on brakes and rear tires and they did say I needed an alignment which I scheduled once I decided I wasn’t going to body shop but they never warned me that if I drove like that for 2 days the tires would be ruined again
TIA

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,350 Posts
yes a bad alignment can certainly wear your tires excessively fast. think of the concrete like a cheese grater and your tire the cheese....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts