Veloster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio Sedan Auto 1.6 Turbo
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So the rubber, factory bpv has died on me. I'm mostly stock (6e 3.5" intake, muffler delete), no tune, factory IC. Because it is in a Rio, I have some serious clearance issues with factory bpv barely fitting. So my question is:

What bov/bpv set up would you recommend?

Clearance, and compatability (no cel) are my main concerns.

I seen the torque solutions adapter plates, and other manufacturer's block off plates (which would require a cold pipe with a bov flange). I'm sure there are aftermarket direct fits with the same height as the factory?

I really could use some input. I could go with a cold pipe with a tail bov flange (q50) and bov for around $300 and I wouldn't have to worry about clearance on top of the IC.

I'm sure with y'alls collective experience you can help?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
16 VT
970 Posts
I use turbosmart, recirculating. No cel on 2016, other years, maybe.

It helps hold boost way better in my personal opinion over stock.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use turbosmart, recirculating. No cel on 2016, other years, maybe.

It helps hold boost way better in my personal opinion over stock.

I seen the turboxs has a really slim one (atmosphere only). I don't have a recirculate because intake. That seems like the cheapest solution.

It's just my DD and I don't want to have to mess with it constantly (probably shouldn't have motor swaped then lmao). But if they are a reputable brand with no issues I gusse I'll go with them. Going to leave this open for more replies just to get as many opinions as possible before ordering.

I do think the turboxs sml will fit. If anyone has a height comparison I would greatly appreciate it.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,082 Posts
I’ve been looking at the gfb one for when my 3rd fucky rubber stock one goes.

Reactions: Rio-t

·
Registered
16 VT
970 Posts
RPW, you have driven this car longer than me, I think you have been missing out. Especially you do a lot of autocross. You will probably notice a substantial difference, i thought anyways.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’ve been looking at the gfb one for when my 3rd fucky rubber stock one goes.
I would like to see a height comparison between stock, gfb, turboxs. They all seem close. Can't find measurements anywhere. Again, if I keep the stock location on top the IC, height is a major concern.

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
8,082 Posts
they are all going to be within 1/4-1/2 inch of each other. you could email the manufacturer asking for dims. some may have them already.

Reactions: Rio-t
1 - 7 of 7 Posts