Veloster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed an HKS bov (authentic) over a year ago now, was working perfectly, full whoosh sound under low boost and nice high pitched screams WOT.

Randomly the other day it just stopped working nicely, no boost leaks (at least none that are audible), but instead of nice long whooshes at low boost it's more of very short whoosh, and then it closes suddenly and I get turbo flutter at high boost it's relatively the same as before just has a little more flutter sound than BOV sound. Removed it yesterday, looked brand new, everything seemed to be working well, oiled it up but same issue.

Any common remedies? Going into the shop tomorrow, I'm going to try to tighten up every single hose connection I can today, hopefully just a large leak on one of the pipes that's not making a whistle like it usually does.

·
weekend racer
7,660 Posts
what is your mileage? some folks have had mixed results with the authentic HKS. others have had issue with the boost solenoid which supplies the vacuum source to the BOV.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
73000km, I was sort of suspecting the solenoid. That can't be an expensive part (I say that.. but they wanted $50 for a sun roof switch), can you by pass the solenoid straight to the BOV? just the small vacuum line that goes to the solenoid from the manifold just straight to the bov vacuum nipple? I think that vacuum line is larger but I could just clamp it tight as a test at least if it's possible.. buy a T later on.

·
weekend racer
7,660 Posts
it is not recommended to bypass the solenoid.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No codes no lights

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lmao! hopefully, as of right now shop is saying there's nothing wrong with it...so flutter it is!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all!

I'm new to the forums and thought my question would fit into this thread.

I replaced the stock BPV on my 2015 VT with the turbosmart TS-0203-1031(dual port). I did this because the original BPV had a tear in it, it gave me the P2261 code, and locally they wanted around 400$ for the original BPV.

Since the install, I am having issues with the piston in the BOV not opening. I replaced the spring that came with it, to the softer Blue spring TS-0203-3001, and that did not correct the issue either.

In the directions, that are provided with the BOV, it says :

With the engine running remove the vacuum / boost hose from the nipple in the cap of the BOV, there should be loud hissing
sound. The engine should idle poorly, double check by covering the end of the hose with your finger – otherwise the hose is blocked.

When I remove this hose there is no sound. I have inspected the line for damage and it appears to be fine. I was curious as to whether this should happen continuously since it runs to the solenoid or if that would only happen when the car was in boost. I tried free revving it, with the hose removed, and still no hissing.

I ordered a MAC valve ( MAC 35A-AAA-DDBA-1BA BOOST CONTROL 35A 12V-DC 1/8 IN NPT SOLENOID VALVE B238300 but have not installed it just yet. I was hoping to get some feedback from some of the members to see if anyone thinks that's the actual problem.

As of right now the BOV is vented to air, but I think I'm going to do the plumb back/VTA option, unless it's a better idea to go completely one way or the other. Suggestions are very welcome!

A few other notes on things I have checked or done are as follows...

Checked all o-rings on the BOV. They all appear to be fine.

I oiled all internal parts of the BOV with sewing machine oil when I replaced the spring.

It is also set to the softest setting, which is where it said to start it after installing it. I never had to move it from that position because the piston hasn't moved at all.

The BOV is the only upgrade to the car at this point, everything else is stock.

I'm getting the P2261 code again , after clearing it with the new BOV installed, but I would assume that's because it's not operating correctly as well as the plumb back port not being used.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts