Veloster Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are you looking for that BOV sound? Do you like parts that are more robust than factory? Do you want to support an american company with an emphasis on customer service?

If you answered yes to any of those, this is for you! :cool:
Glad someone asked this! Got my local dealership to get one in and I'll be taking a further look at it this weekend... hoping to go from my '16 non-Turbo to a '19 Turbo!

Also love that you guys are located in Illinois... I'm about 45 minutes south of the city.

·
Vendor
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Glad someone asked this! Got my local dealership to get one in and I'll be taking a further look at it this weekend... hoping to go from my '16 non-Turbo to a '19 Turbo!

Also love that you guys are located in Illinois... I'm about 45 minutes south of the city.
We are in Wood Dale! If you want to swing by to pick it up, you can stop by our warehouse!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Silly question. My '19 VT is my first manual turbo, and it is a blast to drive. One of my favorite things about it is that it holds a bit of boost while you shift, and when you hit the next gear the power is already there, so there is no lag, or feeling that the car falls on its face for a second. I test drove a MazdaSpeed 6 back when they were new, and walked away over that very reason. It absolutely drove me nuts. Great car, but I hated that loss between the shifts. So to get to my point, will this have any effect on that? I'm not going to lie, I've always thought loud bovs were a bit silly, especially on a stock car.... but my inner child very much thinks I should have one too. But if this is going to change the feel, I'll be choked.
I have the boomba bov on my 2019 veloster turbo. I really like it

21 - 28 of 28 Posts