Veloster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Vendor
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HYUNDAI VELOSTER 18 BOV copy by Boomba Racing, on Flickr

Boomba Racing is proud to announce our VTA BOV second gen Veloster turbo! This is just the start!

-This is a direct replacement to the factory unit, and is proven to be leak free up to 100PSI!

-No aftermarket tuning required. Will work on stock tune or aftermarket tunes.

- This high performance VTA (vent to atmosphere) blow-off valve is precision machined out of aircraft grade billet aluminum. It features an internal brass piston design and is pressure tested to withstand up to 100psi, allowing it to compliment even the most aggressive turbo builds. Spring pre-load determines the pressure differential required across the piston before the BOV opens and releases the pressurized intake charge. Designed to be a replacement for the OEM bypass valve and is available in 4 different colors.

-Installation is simple and all mounting hardware is included

PRE ORDER COMING SOON!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Silly question. My '19 VT is my first manual turbo, and it is a blast to drive. One of my favorite things about it is that it holds a bit of boost while you shift, and when you hit the next gear the power is already there, so there is no lag, or feeling that the car falls on its face for a second. I test drove a MazdaSpeed 6 back when they were new, and walked away over that very reason. It absolutely drove me nuts. Great car, but I hated that loss between the shifts. So to get to my point, will this have any effect on that? I'm not going to lie, I've always thought loud bovs were a bit silly, especially on a stock car.... but my inner child very much thinks I should have one too. But if this is going to change the feel, I'll be choked.

·
Vendor
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Silly question. My '19 VT is my first manual turbo, and it is a blast to drive. One of my favorite things about it is that it holds a bit of boost while you shift, and when you hit the next gear the power is already there, so there is no lag, or feeling that the car falls on its face for a second. I test drove a MazdaSpeed 6 back when they were new, and walked away over that very reason. It absolutely drove me nuts. Great car, but I hated that loss between the shifts. So to get to my point, will this have any effect on that? I'm not going to lie, I've always thought loud bovs were a bit silly, especially on a stock car.... but my inner child very much thinks I should have one too. But if this is going to change the feel, I'll be choked.
That's a great question, and we are glad you asked! During our R&D of this valve, we took the factory spring rate into account, something a lot of aftermarket companies don't. The stock valve acts in a way that it closes slightly early so it retains a bit of pressure, like you are describing. Ours works in the same manner! Ours is pressure tested up to 100PSI to ensure a leak free operation. With our brass piston, it will last the lifetime of the vehicle as well!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Awesome!!

Just so you know, the only reason I didn't put in an order last night is because I got a text from my Sales guy, I'm going to look at a black N after work today!

So by this time tomorrow, I will have a new car, or a nice bov on the way. :)

·
Vendor
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome!!

Just so you know, the only reason I didn't put in an order last night is because I got a text from my Sales guy, I'm going to look at a black N after work today!

So by this time tomorrow, I will have a new car, or a nice bov on the way. :)
Remember this is just a pre-order right now! Keep your eyes peeled if you grab that N because we're making one for that too!

·
Registered
31 Posts
The N wasn't amazing enough for me to want to trade, but it was a pretty cool car. I would have lost a lot of options I really like on my Turbo.

So the bov is on order as of yesterday. I don't think the promo code worked though.

Dason

·
Vendor
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is this still worth picking up if I'm on a VT automatic?
Are you looking for that BOV sound? Do you like parts that are more robust than factory? Do you want to support an american company with an emphasis on customer service?

If you answered yes to any of those, this is for you! :cool:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I will definitely do that as soon as I figure out how to PM. I don't see any option for it currently. Thinking it may take some time as I just registered to the forum today.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
7 Participants
BoombaRacing
Veloster Forum
The top Hyundai Veloster Forum to discuss your favorite 3 door car including the Veloster Turbo and Veloster N, as well as check out users mods to make the Hyundai Veloster faster!
Full Forum Listing