Veloster Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Those plastic panels under the car help air flow under the car and direct air to areas that need it. The piece only cost about $20-$30 to replace so no sense of breaking up the airflow under the car over that.
Does anyone have an idea of where to buy these? (other than a Hyundai dealership that is)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry, i am not sure how to refer to this part. I had to drive to houston on business this morning at about 6am and as some of you may know, there is really bad flooding right now. I successfully did not die, however a block from the office i noticed a scraping sound under my car. I got to the office and noticed something hanging down. It is the black shielding under the car on the passenger side a bit to the right of the cat. It is not the whole thing, however it looks like impact from water or something popped one of the bolts out and it was scraping on the ground. I was able to get under it in the parking lot and cut the part thats not secure out (it was ****ed anyways and all i had was my pocket knife). I am just worried if this will cause issues or if it is not really necessary. I will include the couple pics i have. I am just worried about if this is something i can wait and replace, or need ASAP to avoid damage.

Tl;dr - had to cut a bit of that black splash guard material out from under the car. Is it bad bad or good good? Thanks!
Did you ever find the part and the exact name of it I have mine zip tied now and can't get a oil change thanks I advance

·
weekend racer
7,816 Posts
the two plastic aero panels going down the sides of the car would not cause a problem with your oil change... that is what this thread is about.

you should get under the car and remove the rest of the lower engine cover. not having it isn't going to damage anything, and i believe somewhere it has the part number stamped on it...

·
weekend racer
7,816 Posts
i need one as well, so thanks !!

Reactions: CRTurtle

·
Registered
111 Posts
View attachment 132198
The 84225M is the one I had issues with. You can get it from either the dealership or from sites like THIS ONE
There are parts like these that are very difficult to find on web sites that use the Hyundai inventory system ... Do you have a particular place that you go to that has everything in an exhaustive database, because sometimes you want to search by category of product, but you don't get all the parts related... thanks!

(by the way, I'm about to order the driver's side of this panel, already replaced the passenger side two years ago. ice chunks when parking in the city will eat through these in one winter.)

·
weekend racer
7,816 Posts
i use jim ellis hyundai parts.. good folks decent shipping.

Reactions: swordfish_designs
21 - 27 of 27 Posts