Veloster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, i am not sure how to refer to this part. I had to drive to houston on business this morning at about 6am and as some of you may know, there is really bad flooding right now. I successfully did not die, however a block from the office i noticed a scraping sound under my car. I got to the office and noticed something hanging down. It is the black shielding under the car on the passenger side a bit to the right of the cat. It is not the whole thing, however it looks like impact from water or something popped one of the bolts out and it was scraping on the ground. I was able to get under it in the parking lot and cut the part thats not secure out (it was ****ed anyways and all i had was my pocket knife). I am just worried if this will cause issues or if it is not really necessary. I will include the couple pics i have. I am just worried about if this is something i can wait and replace, or need ASAP to avoid damage.

Tl;dr - had to cut a bit of that black splash guard material out from under the car. Is it bad bad or good good? Thanks!

·
weekend racer
7,820 Posts
i would beg to differ. anything that keeps the air from being turbulent under the car helps.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Those plastic panels under the car help air flow under the car and direct air to areas that need it. The piece only cost about $20-$30 to replace so no sense of breaking up the airflow under the car over that.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Whatever you do, do not drive the vehicle. Without these pieces your vehicle is likely to to rollover 17 times. your engine will be ejected from the vehicle and kill the people waiting for the bus, the ones that dont die will be burned from all the hot oil that sprayed over them melting there skin. your left front tire will rip off and hit a moving vehicle that will swerve into a hotdog cart throwing weiners all over your car. the front right tire will fall off and roll down the street where it will make a left turn into dennies to order some waffles. your rear tires will be fine unless you have the crappy factory tires on cuz then they will be flatter than a set of a cups. at this point the gas that has been leaking from your tank has ignited and started to cook the hotdogs which will feed the volunteers that are there to help the burn victims. During your roll over your rear spoiler shot off and is now in Afghanistan about to be shot down by a drone, I dont think you will get that back. by now the guy with a thick accent from blue link is yelling at you asking if you need help, he is not going to send help. If you are lucky enough you can get him to send some buns and ketchup for the hot dogs. Your radio is now permanently stuck on the German death metal station which is offending the old jewish lady from the bus who is now beating your car with her cane. I dont even want to tell you where your sunglasses ended up.... lets just say the bus driver needs a rectal exam. So yeah drive the car i dare you.. OH wait you said black plastic pieces, my bad your fine. just remove them if there broken. dont cut off pieces of them though because then the shift in weight will cause your car to get an exhaust leak and run out of gas so you will need to be towed but the tow truck driver will have a hook as a hand and probably try to kill you but hey its your car do what you want...muhahahahahahahahaha <---EVIL LAUGH---

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
If it helps you sleep better, the earlier cars ('13s & '14s) didn't have this splash guard / air deflector underneath

·
weekend racer
7,820 Posts
my USDM early '14 (build date oct '13) does.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
W are talking about the larger one that needs to be removed to change the oil filter and drain engine oil, Right!
I thought that was later models only.

·
Registered
8,616 Posts
whatever you do, do not drive the vehicle. Without these pieces your vehicle is likely to to rollover 17 times. Your engine will be ejected from the vehicle and kill the people waiting for the bus, the ones that dont die will be burned from all the hot oil that sprayed over them melting there skin. Your left front tire will rip off and hit a moving vehicle that will swerve into a hotdog cart throwing weiners all over your car. The front right tire will fall off and roll down the street where it will make a left turn into dennies to order some waffles. Your rear tires will be fine unless you have the crappy factory tires on cuz then they will be flatter than a set of a cups. At this point the gas that has been leaking from your tank has ignited and started to cook the hotdogs which will feed the volunteers that are there to help the burn victims. During your roll over your rear spoiler shot off and is now in afghanistan about to be shot down by a drone, i dont think you will get that back. By now the guy with a thick accent from blue link is yelling at you asking if you need help, he is not going to send help. If you are lucky enough you can get him to send some buns and ketchup for the hot dogs. Your radio is now permanently stuck on the german death metal station which is offending the old jewish lady from the bus who is now beating your car with her cane. I dont even want to tell you where your sunglasses ended up.... Lets just say the bus driver needs a rectal exam. So yeah drive the car i dare you.. Oh wait you said black plastic pieces, my bad your fine. Just remove them if there broken. Dont cut off pieces of them though because then the shift in weight will cause your car to get an exhaust leak and run out of gas so you will need to be towed but the tow truck driver will have a hook as a hand and probably try to kill you but hey its your car do what you want...muhahahahahahahahaha <---evil laugh---
lspi

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to bring this back up, but I have the same problem. Just got my Veloster a couple weeks ago, and hit an incline on a driveway that was a bit too steep. I looked under and it looks like it broke right where it is bolted on and it hangs down less than an inch off the ground. Is this something that I can fix myself or should I go into the repair shop?

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
You can do a cover delete yourself pretty easy if you know how to use a 10mm wrench. No need to take it to the repair shop cause they'll just laugh at you and charge you 100 bucks an hour

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! Sorry to be in this old post but I got the same problem. Is there anyway I can just put the hanging thing back together? Like an adhesive for it? Hahaha I was planning to just cut it out because it's just a little piece hanging.

·
Registered
341 Posts
If it broke off, you could drill multiple holes on either side of the break and use ty-raps to secure back together. I don't think an adhesive work stand up to the abuse under there. Or just buy a new one

1 - 20 of 27 Posts