Veloster Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
IMAG0067.jpg

I ended up getting the Kuat Beta with a Curt hitch based on an earlier thread here. I had the Saris Bones years ago with a different car, and loved it, but I really wanted to be able to open the hatchback while carrying my bike.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Saris Bones 2

I purchased Saris Bones 2 with hatch huggers. It works perfectly! I use it all the time, no issues! 173.JPG

-Shaina

·
Registered
30 Posts
Went to bicycle Inc. this weekend and they recommended the Saris Bike Porter 2. It's different from the bone. Has anyone tried this one? They ordered it for me but I didn't have to buy it if I didn't want it. Ideally I want to carry 2 bikes.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sea Sucker Hornet

I tried on my sea sucker hornet last week. It works..and get a lot of attention on the street ....but hanging a bike like this on the back seems scary too..........Hope it will not fall. I'm still thinking a better way to secure the bike with sea sucker.
veloster sea sucker.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Wow u got balls. ....Il b terrified to hang my Raleigh like dat! Hope it's safe at high speeds.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
I tried on my sea sucker hornet last week. It works..and get a lot of attention on the street ....but hanging a bike like this on the back seems scary too..........Hope it will not fall. I'm still thinking a better way to secure the bike with sea sucker.
View attachment 68841
I would tie a red flag to one of the tires since it sticks out so far. Don't want to get pulled over for something petty

·
Registered
3 Posts
"Wow u got balls. ....Il b terrified to hang my Raleigh like dat! Hope it's safe at high speeds."

Ya, that is true....so I don't drive in high speed when my bike is on....

Can I just tie a red cloth on it? or it has to be a safety flag???

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Well here in Orlando, whnvr u have a cargo protruding (lawn equipment, furniture, home depot stuff, etc) cops will pull u over is no red flag is present. Check ur regulations just in case.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks, I'll tie some safety flag this Sunday..
I just found out that having sucker on the windshield is also illegal too here....blocking license plate is illegal too.....it's almost impossible to meet regulation here.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I really wanted to like my Saris Bones 2 with hatch extenders . But today while @ Barnes and Noble it rained . When we left we noticed thatthe rear hatch was leaking right where the Hatch Extenders met the roof . Kind of bummed now , looks like the only real functional way to go is the hitch method .

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
What is everyone's beef with a roof rack? Easy, no leaking hatches, no low rated trailer hitch to break, and can carry two bikes with ease.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Which hitch brand and size do you have, and have you had issues with it being so low to the ground? Also, which bike rack are you using?

21 - 40 of 48 Posts