Veloster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
TL;DR:
I need someone to check the behaviour of their A/C because I think I got screwed by the service centre at my dealership.

So I THINK something recently something changed in the behaviour of the AC in my 2013 Turbo. I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

Old behaviour:
- Push button to one of the defrost modes (full front defrost or defrost with feet vents)
- Turn fan on or if fan is already on when switching to a defrost mode, A/C indicator will light up and A/C will be on, push A/C button, A/C light turns off, A/C turns off, push A/C button, light turns on, A/C turns off.
- Push button to another non-defrost vent mode, if A/C is on, it will turn off, including light if the light was on

Current behaviour:
- Push button to one of the defrost modes (full front defrost or defrost with feet vents)
- Turn fan on or if fan is already on when switching to a defrost mode, A/C indicator will NOT light up but A/C will turn on (I can feel the compressor kick in). Push A/C button, A/C button lights up, A/C does not turn off (compressor does not turn off), push A/C button again, light turns off, A/C does not turn off. No matter how many times I push the A/C button, it will not turn off.
- Push button to another non-defrost vent mode, if A/C is on, it will turn off, including light if the light was on

Can someone confirm that the A/C can be turned off while the vents are in a defrost mode and/or let me know the behaviour of their air conditioning when it comes to the defrost modes. I think my current behaviour is wrong but the service tech I talked to at the Hyundai Dealership said that it's the way it's supposed to work. And when I brought my car in for an oil change (and recent evap canister recall), they said that just replaced the "A/C switch with one that is known to work" and sent me on my way. They basically said that when it's on a defrost mode, that the A/C should never turn off.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
The A/C should turn on (or be on) when whether defogging or defrosting. Not that I use this, so I'm going by what I read in the 2012 OM.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I solved my own problem. I read through my OM and there is a tiny section that says you can reset the defrost logic by putting it in full defrost mode and pushing the recirc button 5 times in under 2 seconds or something like that.

I did that and now it is back to the old behaviour.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts