Veloster Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2014 NA Veloster 1.6L 4cyl M/T
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just paid $100 for an alignment and it doesn’t look great (at least to my untrained eye). I’m not sure, because I don’t know much about alignment and camber. But isn’t the optimal front camber range like -1° to -2°? I talked to the guy at the shop and he said there’s no way on my car to adjust the camber or caster, and I’ll have to go to the dealership if I want to have my camber adjusted. Does this sound right to you guys? Is my new alignment good? Should I take it to a dealer? The reason I knew I needed an alignment was excessive tire wear on one side; will I continue to experience tire wear like that? I mean I got 5000 miles out of a set of tires.
Sleeve Font Material property Gas Event

· weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,836 Posts
the toe and thrust angle are really only what you can adjust without adding adjustable parts. toe will wear tires the fastest. you can change camber by replacing control arms, struts and mounts (marginally).

to be honest it's decent for $100 i would run with what you got.

Reactions: RealSlimShady✔️

· Registered
2014 NA Veloster 1.6L 4cyl M/T
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the toe and thrust angle are really only what you can adjust without adding adjustable parts. toe will wear tires the fastest. you can change camber by replacing control arms, struts and mounts (marginally).

to be honest it's decent for $100 i would run with what you got.
Thanks for the advice.

· Registered
1,343 Posts
You must be very careful when trying to adjust alignment on the Veloster. There are many more things that come into play because of the electronic assist steering present in the system. Any poor adjustment made by an unknowing technician can cause a continuously active steering response that will quickly wear out system parts and tires.
If you would investigate, you would find that there are steering system parts that the dealers are not even allowed to adjust because of the sensitivity of the system.
:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts