Veloster Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2012 NAV, 2000 VMax
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My backup Camera no longer displays on the screen - It should come up when in reverse I believe.
It has been okay until now ..... Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
You could try resetting the unit. There is a pin hole where you can insert a paper clip to reset the unit. The hole is close to the upper left corner. Don't get over zealous.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
My first head unit sometimes even temporarily gave me rear view while going forward (which I really liked!). But the head unit replacement fixed that "problem". Sometimes still the camera when I go into reverse is instantly on and other times there is a somewhat longer waiting period.

If it is still not coming on, and you have done the suggested reset, I'd have the camera connection and/or head unit checked. If everything else is working as it should with the head unit except the camera, then I'd definitely check the camera's connections.

·
Registered
390 Posts
My first head unit sometimes even temporarily gave me rear view while going forward (which I really liked!). But the head unit replacement fixed that "problem".
Might actually be a good feature to have for the limited rear visibility...and if you could record it, it would be good to get the plate numbers off the tailgaters!

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Might actually be a good feature to have for the limited rear visibility...and if you could record it, it would be good to get the plate numbers off the tailgaters!
Unfortunately (or not), Florida only has a rear tag requirement. Also, watching what is behind you means you aren't looking forward! The fix was good!

·
Registered
2012 NAV, 2000 VMax
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. I tried the reset didn't solve the problem. As suggested I think I will try checking the connections next.
I never really payed much attention to it anyway so if the connections are okay and still no camera - then to heck with it.
..... I agree! Looking forward is a great idea

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks guys. I tried the reset didn't solve the problem. As suggested I think I will try checking the connections next.
I never really payed much attention to it anyway so if the connections are okay and still no camera - then to heck with it.
..... I agree! Looking forward is a great idea
Are your reverse lights working still? Do you get a black screen in reverse or no change?
I just spent a ton of time debugging this and it would up being a reverse sensor(man trans)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Are your reverse lights working still? Do you get a black screen in reverse or no change?
I just spent a ton of time debugging this and it would up being a reverse sensor(man trans)
So we are having the same issue with our 2014 Veloster Turbo. put the car in reverse and no change on the screen. replaced one sensor in the rear that wasn't working, fuses are all good. Sensors all work but still no reverse image it remains on whatever is on the head unit radio or media. any solution found?

·
Registered
24 Posts
So we are having the same issue with our 2014 Veloster Turbo. put the car in reverse and no change on the screen. replaced one sensor in the rear that wasn't working, fuses are all good. Sensors all work but still no reverse image it remains on whatever is on the head unit radio or media. any solution found?
I had the same issue and it was the reverse sensor on top of the manual trans.
You can get them for like 30$ and it's easy to install.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Seems like we're having the same problem, I noticed it when the weather was below -10, It started flickering and then never showed up on the screen til the weather got warmer. After that it would flicker from time to time, and it hasn't been visible since. Sensor still working, just can't see the screen. I read a comment about resetting something with the pinhole?What am I resetting and where is that located? Sorry guys lol

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,248 Posts
the reset is located on the top left or right of the headunit face.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm having same issues and I'm desperate in need of help, how did you manage to solve this problem?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts