Veloster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks - there is a small workaround for the pop-ups that constantly appear on the main forum page. Instead of clicking on the forum title and, going to the subforums and getting the pop ups again when you go back to the main forum list, if you right click on a forum - "open in new tab" the pop ups won't reappear on the main forum list again. Just do the right click every time and you should be good.

Today's pop up is "Please take our survey", which, even if you do take the survey, keeps coming back every time you hit the main forum page. I took the survey, thinking it might help staff with the thoughts about the site, but it was really all about "your interactions with vertiscope staff" whatever that is.

I know not all people have issues with these, but I find there are enough distractions in the real world without this being an issue on a site where no one benefits from the distractions

·
weekend racer
6,832 Posts
Verticalscope.

the company that hosts the forum.

this is the page I have bookmarked. Why even bother going to the main page if you don't need to? lol

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Same here, RPW. I bookmarked another page that takes me right to the newest posts and never get the pop ups. Didn't even know there were any!

Edit: got the pop up after posting this! LOL Took the survey.

·
Administrator
491 Posts
If you dismiss the survey pop up with the "X" does it still display?

We also are working on revamping the main page so it'll be more relevant to what y'all want :)

-Gerrit

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Gerrit. Haven't seen the survey page recently, but it was weird that it keep popping up - even if you took the survey.

Just cleared all my cookies and such this morning. The pop up window that keeps coming back now is the sign up window. Pressing the X in the upper right corner does not make the window go away. Sometimes I want to just cruise through looking at new posts without having to log in. This window keeps popping up on every page, until you log in.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey folks - there is a small workaround for the pop-ups that constantly appear on the main forum page. Instead of clicking on the forum title and, going to the subforums and getting the pop ups again when you go back to the main forum list, if you right click on a forum - "open in new tab" the pop ups won't reappear on the main forum list again. Just do the right click every time and you should be good.

Today's pop up is "Please take our survey", which, even if you do take the survey, keeps coming back every time you hit the main forum page. I took the survey, thinking it might help staff with the thoughts about the site, but it was really all about "your interactions with vertiscope staff" whatever that is.

I know not all people have issues with these, but I find there are enough distractions in the real world without this being an issue on a site where no one benefits from the distractions
Thanks for the tip...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts