Veloster Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking through the ETM through the factory service site, I thought there'll be wirings existing from the floor harness all the way to the smart junction box that runs to the back of the head unit. Well, I got one part right. There is wiring on the back of the head unit for sure for the backup camera:

Wire Auto part Bumper Automotive exterior Electrical wiring

The blue, black with red, red, and orange wires are the wiring for the factory backup camera. Red is camera power, blue is ground, orange is video out, and black/red is video ground. Pins # 10, 12, 22, 24.

However, when I took all the interior panels off of the rear driver's side, and disconnected the roof to floor harness plug, it's pretty obvious that the same wiring does not exist. It's too bad, I've got the camera harness all stripped and ready to go:

Electronics Technology Cable Electronic device Wire

I did find this odd harness with NOTHING attached to it. 6 wires in a 8 pin harness.

Wire Electrical wiring Cable Technology Electrical supply

Colors of the wires do not correspond to any of the wires on the back-up camera circuitry. The only thing I can think of, for the location of the harness, is that it's for the parking sonars.

At this point, I think my best bet is to route the wires directly to the back end of the smart junction box near the driver's foot-well. If the wiring exists behind the head-unit, it has to exist at the junction box as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
At this point, I think my best bet is to route the wires directly to the back end of the smart junction box near the driver's foot-well. If the wiring exists behind the head-unit, it has to exist at the junction box as well.
So do the Wire Exist at the junction box, or do you have to run them all the way to the back of the head unit?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I hate to revive this thread but it seems to never have been completed. I'm also having issues with my backup cam. It's no even coming on at all on the head unit. I have tested the trigger wire on back of head unit and tests good when in reverse. All nav and radio system functions great btw. I'm trying to figure out how to test the camera wiring in the tail gate.there are 4 wires coming out of the camera does anyone know where they go to the head unit and what color they are or pin #? If I test for power at the camera when in reverse what wire should be getting power and should there be a voltage reading in the video wire going back to the display? If so what color or pin # on head unit is that? I just want to test the camera before I replace it. Hate to replace cam and find out it's the head unit but leaning on the camera beeing the issue. Also has anyone tried taking these cameras apart out of curiosity lol.to either clean the lens ect.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Someone must have figured this out by now, I'm starting to think Hyundai is taking it down, because I get tha run around at every factory I go to asking about reverse cameras for my Veloster manual 2013 re-mix.... guess I'm going to look up the android 10 head unit specifications? Is there any response, or help out there?

Best thing I've come up with is to just buy a separate mini monitor, instead of hundreds on a head unit or whatever reverse cam trying to sell. I have all parts but hate to toss a perfectly decent touch screen radio/head unit ...DEFINITELY need a reverse cam with velosters viewpoint in a older city, with narrow streets and next to no parking availability...

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,350 Posts
I put a wireless backup cam in my wife’s Jetta. Got it on Amazon. Tapped into the reverse wire in the back for power.

Reactions: mayor.joe.greene

·
Registered
3 Posts
Someone must have figured this out by now, I'm starting to think Hyundai is taking it down, because I get tha run around at every factory I go to asking about reverse cameras for my Veloster manual 2013 re-mix.... guess I'm going to look up the android 10 head unit specifications? Is there any response, or help out there?

Best thing I've come up with is to just buy a separate mini monitor, instead of hundreds on a head unit or whatever reverse cam trying to sell. I have all parts but hate to toss a perfectly decent touch screen radio/head unit ...DEFINITELY need a reverse cam with velosters viewpoint in a older city, with narrow streets and next to no parking availability...
THIS WORKS, THANK YOU FIRST POST!!!!!!! I ended up running my own wiring, straight to the back of factory head unit....IT WORKS AFTER RESETTING, (little button to left of cd player)
Wire Auto part Bumper Automotive exterior Electrical wiring

The blue, black with red, red, and orange wires are the wiring for the factory backup camera. Red is camera power, blue is ground, orange is video out, and black/red is video ground. Pins # 10, 12, 22, 24.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts