Veloster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Since I don't do Facebork and there's no link in the post, got any more details to go on, please?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Still no link to the Veloster Facebook group or to anything with the details of the meet?

You're not going to get many folks from here going if you don't give out more information. I couldn't find a "Veloster Australia" group using Google.

·
weekend racer
7,231 Posts
... Because it's on Facebook.

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1434406434.728561.jpg

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yes, I know it's on Facebork, and I searched for it using Google thinking that maybe it'd show up in the search list but all I got were links to Hyundai official pages or some foreign fan websites for Velosters. Google is still a search engine last I checked. Obviously not perfect either. It's also possible that certain Facebork groups are using a robots.txt file to stop Google from parsing the site to find things just like this.

I even tried using Facebork to search for the group but even though your image above says anyone can find it and that it's a closed group, I couldn't. I did find a whole bunch of other Veloster groups from all over the world, most in foreign languages. Even found the Facebook group for this website, Veloster.Org. Couldn't find the "Veloster Australia" group though. Mebbe it's a "not logged in" thing since like I said right up top, I don't do Facebork.

My questions still stand though.

You tell us about a meet but don't give a link to the details or the actual details so folks who aren't on Facebork can attend.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yanno, I just realized, in your pic it clearly states that only members can see posts anyways.

Guess it's a "Facebork Members Only" meetup then since you aren't posting details for non Facebork people.

·
weekend racer
7,231 Posts
I'm not sure what to tell you. It came up for me typed as-is. And I'm in the U.S.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I searched for "Veloster Australia Facebook" on Google and got everything but the group... I'm in Australia FYI.

Moot point anyways as even if I did find it I wouldn't be able to see the details for the meetup as I'm not a Facebork member and wouldn't have access to view posts. OP isn't posting details for non members so it's a closed meet.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I apologize for not responding. I hardly come on this forum. I checked back regularly for the first couple of weeks and no one responded so i figured there was no interest. A member on the Facebook page who had met up with you before said he was going to contact you directly. I asumed he had. As it turned out the weather was horrible 11 people had confirmed the would be there but only 4 showed up on the day

·
Registered
219 Posts
I was working that weekend anyways so wasn't able to attend. I also had a board meeting I was supposed to attend for a Foundation I'm a member of but I had to miss that as well.

Work comes first... Have to pay for the car somehow :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
I barely used my FB account before the Veloster Australia group launched on there. I don't like FB on principal but it has been useful for organising Sydney Veloster meets and other V related information. I used to get very frustrated with the lack of activity on this forum. The FB group has 358 members now, although many are obviously outside Australia, but it's very active. I agree, only posting meet up info on FB does tend to exclude those not on FB but then a lot of the FB people wouldn't have an account on here either. I will make a request that anyone organising a meet up also considering posting to this forum.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts