Veloster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I'm still not an expert driving a manual but this "issue" is bugging the hell out of me. Never mind for some reason 90% of the time I can't get a smooth start from stop to 1st. It's 1st to 2nd that's a problem as well . there's almost always a big lag when driving on level ground or a slight incline. As I wait for the RPM s to go down I let the clutch out slowly and sometimes there's a lurch as well. Why can't I get a nice clean smooth fast shift. I'm getting beaten by Nissan Versas. This is just normal driving conditions. Should I take it to the dealer?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Yeah it definitely is normal LOL the links Zach have provided can give you a chance to try something called the "clutch switch mod" basically there is a plug up by the clutch pedal that you can unplug and it gives it more of a classic standard feel. Rather than the Drive By Wire, I personally don't like it as the car bucks A LOT IN 1ST AND 2ND when you let off the gas. But to each there own, good luck!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I honestly have never noticed this.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Thanks guys. The diy sounds confusing can I take it to a shop and show then the forum thread? Will this void my warrabry?
The best way to do it is literally slide the seat all the way back climb into the footwell on your back and look up to where the clutch pedal connects and you'll see a plug or "switch" you can unplug the pics are a little deceiving as it is at an angle you can't see

Its the plug with the red arrow on it

·
Registered
778 Posts
Yepp :) I recommend doing it when the car is off just to make sure
I actually tried it again last night as it has been a while since I tried it... The plug should look kinda yellow compared to the others as well

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Yepp :) I recommend doing it when the car is off just to make sure
I actually tried it again last night as it has been a while since I tried it... The plug should look kinda yellow compared to the others as well
Your car should always be off with the negative terminal unplugged when doing electrical work, but that's just what you're supposed to do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts