Veloster Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2012 steering wheel is finally deteriorating. I remember in 2012 when folks were getting new steering wheels because they were rotting away then! I guess I was one of the lucky ones.

Any suggestions? I'd rather it be on the thinner side to avoid adding more bulk. I don't really want to spend an hour stitching one on (but I will if that's the better option)!

Vehicle Car Plant Motor vehicle Speedometer

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,544 Posts
i have been thinking of a stitch on one... i know i had something for this but cannot remember for the life of me. no socalgarageworks thats for sure, lol

Reactions: jkt1954

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have been thinking of a stitch on one... i know i had something for this but cannot remember for the life of me. no socalgarageworks thats for sure, lol
Definitely anything but! I guess I'll take my chances on Amazon as long as returns are free! :p

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,544 Posts
not having any luck :( i would like to wrap mine as well at some point.

i did find this though.

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
$11.99
not having any luck :( i would like to wrap mine as well at some point.

i did find this though.

Wow! That one is perfect especially with the flares that mostly cover the existing leather (or lack thereof). Amazon will bring my new cover on Sunday! I can tell you it is definitely not as nice as this nor with a hefty price tag!

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,544 Posts
yes pretty please keep us posted!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a BMW steering wheel cover for my 2019 2.0, it fit perfectly and the blue piping on the steering wheel cover exactly matched the blue accents on the dash and interior, bought off Amazon! I am very happy with it!

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,544 Posts
can you post a link? what is the diameter of your wheel?

·
weekend racer
2014 VT manual
9,544 Posts
yeah, looks like it could move around at some point.

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It definitely grips the leather well and probably wouldn't slip. But this thing is like a toaster cover only the crumbs are going into the opening at the bottom! It's also cooler on the hands and slides easier (those are the pros). Con: looks like crap.

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I bought a BMW steering wheel cover for my 2019 2.0, it fit perfectly and the blue piping on the steering wheel cover exactly matched the blue accents on the dash and interior, bought off Amazon! I am very happy with it!
Would definitely like to know which one you bought!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts