Veloster Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The shark fin came off when I was washing my car. I am not going through the dealership because they said it would cost over $500 to repair. I still have the part. My question is, what glue or paste should I use? The screws are also broken.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a similar problem, but I don't have the shark fin. I plan to buy it online for $10-$15 and use the glue that comes with it. If it doesn't come with glue, then I'll go to an auto parts store and ask for a recommendation. Best of luck.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Mine did the same 3 months ago. I got apoxy glue the clear kind that you mix together and glued it over the screw mounts i side the fin and then pressed it on. I laid a heavy object onto it from the front to hold it down and let it sit overnight and that did the trick. Been through multiple car washes no problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Convenient timing for these posts. I was also just doing a quick spray down a few days ago and wasn't even spraying directly near the fin when I saw it just blow off. Picked it up and when to the store for some epoxy. Let the car dry for a while before mixing the epoxy and applied to both the base and fin-cover. Put something with small amount of weight and let it sit overnight like posted earlier. When mixing and applying, just be careful to not use so much that it squeezes or drips where it doesn't belong.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine came off last year while brushing snow off.
I just used regular Crazy glue , nothing fancy. It's still stuck on there now.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Yeh, I am super glue friendly and if it can stick it works!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts