Veloster Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealership mechanic said the 'clicking' that I hear when I accelerate (especially in ECO mode,) is a 'normal' sound, coming from the fuel pump on the top of the engine. He showed me where Hyundai had molded the cover with insulating material to deaden the noise, but I don't know whether to accept that explanation or not. Anyone else had the same experience and what did you do about it?

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
I had a clicking noise and some others have reported the same but mine sounded more like a bolt rattling around. I had them tighten the "axle nut/bolt" on my recent visit to the dealer. I haven't heard it since then but haven't payed much attention to trying to replicate it yet.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
GDI engines are typically much louder then a normal engine due to the HPFP and injectors operating at extremely high pressure. My Genesis sounded like a diesel truck when it was cold lol.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
They all tick .. even my wife's Tucson ticks

·
Registered
568 Posts

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
That ain't no tick .. it's a rattle/knock

·
Registered
568 Posts
Replacing transmission

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dealership mechanic said the 'clicking' that I hear when I accelerate (especially in ECO mode,) is a 'normal' sound, coming from the fuel pump on the top of the engine. He showed me where Hyundai had molded the cover with insulating material to deaden the noise, but I don't know whether to accept that explanation or not. Anyone else had the same experience and what did you do about it?
Did find out what was it and how to fix ot ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts