Veloster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased an 2019 Ultimate in April. Couldn't get the high beam assist to work, so went back to my dealer as I read of similar problems here in the forum. Turns out, my car isn't equipped with it! Now, the window sticker has it listed as does every glossy & advertisement (from Hyundai) as standard equipment. The service department printed out a "sticker" that does not have it listed. Needless to say, I was perplexed as were they. It's a feature that I'm not real concerned about, but now it's become "the principle of the thing" that my car was manufactured without advertised standard equipment, that in a way, I did pay for. So, I start the process of some sort of compensation as I'll call it for this. Calling Hyundai itself was of little use. Although attentive, they insisted it be addressed by the dealer. They of course have no plan of action other than to contact the "regional rep". So, here I am. Thought this would be interesting to everyone, hopefully I'll get some sort of compensation. Frankly I doubt it, but I'm not letting this slide.....

·
Registered
126 Posts
You always need to know more than the dealer... Their favorite response always seems to be "We've never of that one before..." Oh really, you know it is a TSB?

FWIW, I had to inform my dealer of the "rattle" and the high beam assist problem.

Since then I've also shown them that I wasn't the only one with the magically raising driver seat issue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you so much, I've printed out the .pdf's and will present them today. From my service visit, this was their findings... "Hyundai web DCS and Techline show it is not equipped" I have always thought this was strange, but never really imagined it was a visit to the service department to actually address the this that could be the problem. I was so incredulous that it was left out in the manufacturing process. Once again, my thanks.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And....resolved. Thanks so much again. I shoved the .pdf in their face and within 3 seconds (after actually following the directions) wahlah….. I appreciate it lil_buddy!

·
Registered
46 Posts
you should put your vin in at nhtsa.com to keep track of these service bulletins.
Our car has a recall right now so you should schedule the repair for whenever it becomes available (probably July)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Since then I've also shown them that I wasn't the only one with the magically raising driver seat issue.
My dealership has been pretty good with stuff like this. I may know before they do about "stuff"... but then, when they do look in to it, "Yup, there it is right there!"

Meanwhile.... magically RAISING driver seat? That's a new one on me. Mine will magically LOWER, but I've come to find out that happens basically because I tend to (not to put too fine a point on it) "sit" on the lever as I exit the car. If I pay attention and AVOID doing that, the seat goes nowhere. This was an issue on both the current R spec and the NAV prior.

·
Registered
4 Posts
They had a service bulletin on it. If you have an ultimate, just bring it in to the dealer. They'll do a software update and you'll have it. I had the same problem with mine and they caught it when I went in for my first oil change.

Contacting Hyundai is useless. They know nothing about customer service.

·
Registered
4 Posts
They had a service bulletin on it. If you have an ultimate, just bring it in to the dealer. They'll do a software update and you'll have it. I had the same problem with mine and they caught it when I went in for my first oil change.

Contacting Hyundai is useless. They know nothing about
Same here they did a recall update on a handle and computer update but i never noticed any problems my auto high beams work

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
[email protected]
Veloster Forum
The top Hyundai Veloster Forum to discuss your favorite 3 door car including the Veloster Turbo and Veloster N, as well as check out users mods to make the Hyundai Veloster faster!
Full Forum Listing