Veloster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oil change TSB all Hyundai vehicles. Use only Mann- Hummel oil filter or Hyundai production OEM oil filters! Years 2012 and up. Use these filters to prevent engine failures. Bottom end rod knock and or oil starvation to valve train can and will occur.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Oil change TSB all Hyundai vehicles. Use only Mann- Hummel oil filter or Hyundai production OEM oil filters! Years 2012 and up. Use these filters to prevent engine failures. Bottom end rod knock and or oil starvation to valve train can and will occur.
Yes, we've known since 2012 when the Veloster came out. Eve well before for those of us with Hyundai/Kia cars older than that.

·
weekend racer
6,964 Posts
Wix may also desirable in a pinch. It's identical to the factory filter on my 01 kia.

got a document or link, @VelosterSpec-C?

·
weekend racer
6,964 Posts
Alan you are correct about the drainback.

Maybe things are different now with wix than they were in 2001.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wix is different inside. OEM from Amazon is about $8, there is a reason for their filters as internally their oil drainback is different than aftermarket filters.
Not only prestart drain back but while engine is under operating conditions. The other oil filters creates oil pressure fluctuations which will starve your engine of oil. Thus engine failures

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, we've known since 2012 when the Veloster came out. Eve well before for those of us with Hyundai/Kia cars older than that.
Just sharing what I know as a Hyundai owner for years now and as a ASE Cert tech that’s been in the industry for awhile. 😊

·
Registered
524 Posts
And not everyone knows about it NovaResource..😄
They would if they did a SEARCH:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yup, all the reading I've done on the different Hyundai forums I'm on, I'm convinced that the OEM filter is the best for our cars.
There's been a couple of people that have opened them up to see what the difference is and can say that the stock filter is pretty robust and well made.
I'd planned on changing to other filters but have decided a few months back to stick with what Hyundai knows best.
When I bought my Honda brand new back in '83 I only used the factory oil filters with every oil change and got 185,000 trouble free miles on the engine before an ex best friend decided he wanted to see a guard rail up close with my car and totaled it. :cautious:
Stick with the best.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts