Veloster Forum banner

Alignment Settings?

15K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Crispy 
#1 ·
I see that there is a lot of talk on here about lowering the Veloster. This is great, if looks are your motivation or the stock suspension is not up to your needs. My question is has anyone looked at getting a performance alignment? I now have a Miata, a very different car for certain, but significant change to the handling is just a precision alignment away. I believe that FWD is generally less sensitive to alignment than RWD. Just wondered if anyone had tried anything and what kind of alignment numbers were being achieved after lowering. I really like the Veloster and think it will really be popular long term ad a hot hatch. Particularly when the Turbo is available. It would be a good idea to gather as much of this type of alignment info as is available now for future reference.

#2 ·
alignment on this car is actually quite easy but not really performance orientated. The rear is NOT adjustable at all. I was really hoping they were going to switch the rear suspension and use and independent rear...but they didnt. So its fixed as is from the factory.

The front you obviously will have zero toe and you will be able to adjust the camber if you like. Either through camber bolts (ewww) or through camber plates from a set of coilovers.

my elantra i noticed quite a difference when i zero'd out my rear toe and adjusted the front to have more camber than the rear. I'm running zero toe all the way around and then neg 2 degrees upfront and negative 1.7 in the rear.

#3 ·
Certainly an independent and adjustable rear suspension would be best. I wonder if anyone knows the rear settings from the factory. I've seen a graphic online of the rear suspension, there may be an opportunity to tweak the rear settings without major surgery.

#4 ·
Sold my Miata for the Veloster so I sorta know where you're coming from. 1db is right, the rear isn't adjustable other than ride height. I've been thinking about trying some front adjustments but I keep reminding myself that I bought the car as a high MPG daily driver.

If you end up trying some different settings post them up and your thoughs, we'd love to hear them.

#7 ·
future reference....here are the alignment specs.

Front toe- 0 degrees

Front camber- -.5 (+/-) .5

Front caster- 4.1 (+/-) .5

Rear toe- .25 (+/-) .5 ....so the rear is actually toes IN...i would like to zero it out, but the only way to do that is an old sentra trick of bending the torsion beam...haha

Rear camber- -1.5 (+/-) .5

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.