Veloster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys. My first ever build thread here, hope you all enjoy the progress :)

My first car was a 1973 VW Super Beetle. I got her painted, lowered, tinted, among numerous other things. Here's how she sat:

I really enjoyed working on the bug, and it was my baby for over 3 years. My first day back in college for fall quarter, I came back to the car, and upon starting it up, it caught fire.. And it was a pretty bad fire..

It left me heart broken, I spent many hours working on that car, the general tune ups, or trying to figure out what was wrong with it.. Haha, I still miss it.
As a college student, I needed something reliable, and as a car person, I needed something relatively cool. The veloster caught my eye. So, I used the insurance payout for the fire to put a down payment on a 2013 Black NAV.

The first week, I plastidipped the emblems, and the front grill :)

Then I figured, might as well do the wheels too..

And ofcourse, the tints!

How she sat with the wheels plastidipped, and tint :)

Picked up a sweet Inno roof rack with a fairing on craigslist for $125, barely used.. Winning

Another craigslist find :) Konig Backbones 17x7.5, +45

HID's ofcourse.. 6000k!

Perhaps possibly some import shark fogs as well, nokya 2500k bulbs

Installed some H&R springs along with a VT-One strut bar, and Pierce Motorsports rear torsion bar! :)
Pretty crazy how a smaller wheel gap made the wheels look so much more in place. Before, the wheels were always too small for me, I felt like the car was too big for the wheels.. I'm in love with how it looks now :)
Will not be going any lower, it's my daily driver for what's going to be a 100 mile round trip commute to college everyday...

Couldn't stand the chrome bezels in my headlighs, and foglights... So I took care of it ;)

Spacers go on tomorrow, side skirt ez lip should be coming next week as well. Hope you like so far :)

Spacers on :) just past flush with the fenders, so far haven't had any rub 15mm front, 20mm rear spacers. Had to cut stock studs though ://

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
Looks good Alex! I like those rims and you are right it looks a lot better lowered! Perfect height for those IMO.

You should submit to the August VOTM

I love blacked out headlights like you did....I really want to do mine

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Welcome OP, I was just going to suggest that but Zack beat me 2 it. Those 2 pics above your wheels pic, VERY nice shoots! they need to be in the VOTM. Did u ever find out what happen to the bug?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks good Alex! I like those rims and you are right it looks a lot better lowered! Perfect height for those IMO.

You should submit to the August VOTM

I love blacked out headlights like you did....I really want to do mine
Thanks Zach, once I get some really nice pictures, I think I might just submit ;) I was so scared to do the headlights. It was such a pain in the ass.. But I had my girlfriend help me, and an extra set of hands is really really amazing. I suggest a buddy :)

Welcome OP, I was just going to suggest that but Zack beat me 2 it. Those 2 pics above your wheels pic, VERY nice shoots! they need to be in the VOTM. Did u ever find out what happen to the bug?
I actually submitted those a really long time ago, thanks man :)
I have no clue what happened with the bug.. It just started, died, and next thing I know I saw fire.. Must have been something in the fuel system, i'm just glad I wasn't moving, and that the building I was parked behind wasn't wooden...

Thank you all for the kind comments :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Put on an 05 Sti lip today :)
Much better than the Ez lip I had on. Little modification required, just cut off the ends so they didn't stick past the bumper.

That's epic

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
I know it doesn't have anything to do with the build thread.. But I really wish I had these pictures a week ago for the ROTM :(
Yes! Love this shot

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
U might have my fav nav Sir, I dig the roof rack.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Retrofit complete :)

Hey guys, retrofitted a Morimoto H1 projector kit into my headlights. Overall the process wasn't too difficult, the most annoying part was putting the headlights back together.
The kit itself was fairly easy to install, I had to extend the solenoid connectors, so I soldered extra wire to lengthen it, then spliced into the hi-beam headlight wiring. The activation of hi-beams activates the solenoid, and lowers the shield resulting in hi-beams + projectors to give an extremely insane amount of light. Seriously, it's nuts. The low beams have a very clean and crisp cutoff, and the spread of light is extremely wide(which is effing awesome) but I have a little more adjusting to do.
I paid about $190 for everything, because I already had HID's in my car, so the wiring harness was all hooked up with ballasts, a full kit is $270 from retrofitsource.com
Overall, extremely satisfied with the result :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Question, can you open the sun roof with the roof rack? And are the calipers painted or you have a cover on it? Looks so awesome dude keep it up

1 - 20 of 175 Posts