Veloster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Hyundai Veloster (I bet you could assume the last part) and my car alarm will go off every 8 hours or so.
Even if I reclose the doors and hood... It's crazy obnoxious, especially for those who live around me in my apartment building. Who wants to hear that at 2am? Surprised they haven't shattered my windows yet... But that's besides the point!

I don't have a fob, my car didn't come with one, so I can't just hit a button to quiet it.
It goes off for about 30 seconds every time. Two sets of 15 second alarms.

Hope there's something I can do. I can't really afford to have things replaced or professionally done.

Thanks!

·
weekend racer
7,544 Posts
2012 base with key assuming... you should have a fob that looks like the one in this link.

you simply need to get one and get it programmed to the car by a dealer.

also, is it the horn alarm that goes off, or something else possibly? lights blinking too?

·
Super Moderator
4,427 Posts
If it started happening recently, I would check your battery to see if it is going bad

Reactions: JadeSeaweed

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a familiar issue, was in a fender bender when the car came back from the shop I noticed on slighty windy days the alarm would go of every once in a while. It turns out it was the hood was just slightly of its suppose to press down on the hood sensor some rubbery button. So say if someone tried to pry open the hood the alarm goes of but since the hood was barely making contact with that button any wind would make it go of because the car thinks someone trying to steal something. I just ended up unplugging that button under the hood haven't had any problem since

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2012 base with key assuming... you should have a fob that looks like the one in this link.

also, is it the horn alarm that goes off, or something else possibly? lights blinking too?
I'll give it a shot! Thank you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had a familiar issue, was in a fender bender when the car came back from the shop I noticed on slighty windy days the alarm would go of every once in a while. It turns out it was the hood was just slightly of its suppose to press down on the hood sensor some rubbery button. So say if someone tried to pry open the hood the alarm goes of but since the hood was barely making contact with that button any wind would make it go of because the car thinks someone trying to steal something. I just ended up unplugging that button under the hood haven't had any problem since

That's what I'm afraid the problem is... I'll have to do this, or at least give it a try. Thank you so much!

·
Registered
12 Posts

Open the hood, and check the hood latch sensor. It's at the front. Theres a rubber bumper button on the frame and a hard plastic pad on the hood. I had the hard plastic pad break in half and it would randomly set my alarm off for MONTHS before I figured it out. If the hood is "open" it wont let you arm the system(won't honk) and if the temperature swings wildly enough for it to slip off the rubber button after its armed the car thinks someone pried the hood open and goes off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts