Veloster Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I am very new to this forum and radio/wiring in general. I purchased an aftermarket radio, a wiring harness, dash kit, and antenna adapter. I was able to use the wiring harness and antenna adapter perfectly and tried hooking up the new radio following this. There is no sound coming out however the radio turns on and works. Additionally there is an extra plug that went into my factory radio that did not have a harness with the kit I bought. I have tried to research however it is just making me more confused. Everything else is connected and I was looking for guidance on how to fix this issue and what I need. I do not want to spend extra solely for maintaining steering wheel controls if that changes anything. I have attached photos of where I am at currently. Also, here is the link to the harness I purchased for this:

I appreciate any help thank you!
Motor vehicle Automotive design Electrical wiring Vehicle Cable

·
Registered
1 Posts
what I’ve figured out is the power wires for our head unit are not on the harness and instead powered through the amp under the passender seat, I have the wiring schematics and what it looks like is that third plug is rear camera and amp control (besides amp nav voice) which is on the smaller plug, im currently only getting a power on and off pops, no sound, no reverse camera, I’ll update if I figure anything more out but this is all I got.
Font Parallel Rectangle Diagram Schematic

1 - 6 of 6 Posts