Veloster Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Ok so there is the up and down adjustment that moves high beams I didn't mess with the left and right yet but I still can't get my projection beams where I want them with our the high beams ending up in the trees is anyone else having issues with HIDS in turbo with projection low beams just doesn't seem like there is that much light I expected more
Assuming you have NA V headlights and have added projectors into the reflectors, see my thread below.

http://www.veloster.org/forum/10-hyundai-veloster-exterior-lighting/12414-who-using-morimoto-mini-h1-na-v-reflector-housing.html

·
Registered
24 Posts
To SJveloster question To adjust the up and down there is a black colored 8mm bolt down and to the side from the side to side adjustment bolt. Turn counter clockwise to raise! If you look close in the pictures that SJveloster has in his post you can see the bolt.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I adjusted my lights up a little the first night with my Veloster. It helped tremendously. Just be careful not to go to high so your not blinding other drivers.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Any chance can someone post a pic of how the beams should look facing a wall far\close? I've had both headlights replaced (under warranty) and doesnt seem like the tech adjusted them right. The left one seems a bit lower then the right.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Been mentioned twice in thread already but for us Aussies over here, headlight adjustment is inside the cabin next to the traction control switch via a thumb-wheel with about 5 notches from memory. Manual says depending on passengers in car (or weight in the boot) to adjust accordingly to a chart in the book.

This is for all version of the Veloster in Australia, Veloster (basic), Veloster + (electric sunroof, start button, satnav, electric folding heated mirrors, leather seats, auto climate control) and Veloster SR (all previous plus Turbo, body-kit, different wheels).

Specs for ours are here. http://www.hyundai.com.au/vehicles/veloster-turbo/specification-range We don't have optional style or tech packs like you US folks since most of it is already fitted to one or all of the above versions and it seems we miss out on some stuff you get, same as stuff we get that you don't, like mentioned above with the headlight adjustment (We don't get heated seats, for one).

·
Registered
6 Posts
i tried to adjust side to side but in the us i believe the side to side is no function as i could not get mine to move no matter how much i turned it. the adjuster can use a socket or a screwdriver using a socket is neat impossible on the up and down

·
Registered
1 Posts
i tried to adjust side to side but in the us i believe the side to side is no function as i could not get mine to move no matter how much i turned it. the adjuster can use a socket or a screwdriver using a socket is neat impossible on the up and down
Same here. On my L to R adjustment if you look down the adjustment shaft you can see where the adjustment "gear" should be. Instead, it is just a flat surface without any gear teeth whatsoever. So, I went ahead and turned on the 8mm bolt which also turns the "toothless gear" 4-5 turns in either direction and it does not move my beam at all on both headlights. The up and down adjustment shaft however, works perfectly with a long Phillips screwdriver.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Adjusting the riser screw/nut will raise or lower both the low-beam projectors and high-beam lenses, respectively. TO raise/lower, you can use a phillips screwdriver OR an 8mm socket (if you have the space) TO use the Left-Right adjustment screw one needs a socket or racheting wrench. Adjusting this has worked on one of my lights but not the other. I use HID's on my low-beam projectors and even with HID's I've had to raise my lights a bit because the light is not thrown far enough.

I currently have LED's in my FOGS and although the combination is very bright, having 6000k HIDs and 6000K LEDs really whitewashes the road ahead and messes with my eyes. I am looking for a way to yellow my fog lenses to balance the light output a bit better still, what has worked the best is raising both the headlights AND the fogs.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts
About this Discussion
53 Replies
44 Participants
Greywulf73
Veloster Forum
The top Hyundai Veloster Forum to discuss your favorite 3 door car including the Veloster Turbo and Veloster N, as well as check out users mods to make the Hyundai Veloster faster!
Full Forum Listing