Veloster Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Could someone maybe post a picture of where on the headlights you enter the screw. I was looking around and couldn't find where you turn the screwdriver.

·
Registered
6 Posts
last night I did adjust the screw in red circle with socket 8mm. I saw the light was going left or right.

Does anyone has the same headlight housing like me? how can we adjust the headlight up and down.

driver_0L.jpg pass_0R.jpg

·
Registered
422 Posts
Incidentally, the Aussie V has adjustable headlight height via a switch in the car.
My Chrysler 300M had that option on it's european version. It was called a "load levelling switch" It was a thumbwheel that would lower the aim of the headlights to compensate for carrying a heavy load in the trunk. I don't believe it was infinitely adjustable, but had a few settings.

·
Registered
145 Posts
You do know if you get caught it is ileaga; in all states

·
Registered
422 Posts
As for the 10ft versus 25ft distance, the aiming instructions for my Dodge Intrepid and Chrysler Concorde use the 25ft distance for both the headlights. There was also adjustment for the foglights on those cars

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm glad here in the U.S. we don't have DRL's. From what I've come to understand, extensive studies have shown no actual safety benefit of the DRL's (where they started over in Europe) so it would be nice if they pulled them from all vehicles in all countries my opinion.
The australian velosters have the DRL's and they are fantastic! Especially when you are driving on back country highways! When a car that is fitted with DRL's comes towards you they are much easier to see as they do not blend into the background, allowing for more confidence when overtaking! I also have a lot more confidence that oncoming traffic can see me sooner!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just installed the KDM projector lights and hate the beam pattern. There is like an odd shadow and I'm having a tough time getting the adjustment to correct it. Can anyone with KDM or maybe even turbo lights provide any suggestions if you've had this issue?

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Rather than using a long shank screwdriver, it is easier to use an 8mm socket on a small 1/4" ratchet to make the headlight adjustments. The vertical adjustment does affect both the low and high beam. The horizontal adjustment only affects the low beam. This applies to the U.S. 2012 NA V with reflector low beam.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ok so there is the up and down adjustment that moves high beams I didn't mess with the left and right yet but I still can't get my projection beams where I want them with our the high beams ending up in the trees is anyone else having issues with HIDS in turbo with projection low beams just doesn't seem like there is that much light I expected more

21 - 40 of 54 Posts