Veloster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While getting my first oil change, I asked the mechanic to adjust the headlights "up". He said he adjusted it "1/2 turn"...whatever that means.

It has been a few days since I've had to drive at night, but it does seem to work better for both low and high beam. The wife noticed it too.

Just thought I'd pass this on.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Good to know the headlights are easily adjusted on this car =D

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
havent i been saying this...finally found the procedure!!

ok...there is no distance to the wall, but generally its 10ft. So put he nose of the car 10ft from the wall/door.

so here is what you do.

1. pull the car up to a wall or the garage door...you MUST have the correct air pressure in the tires (32psi), be on perfectly flat land, and know how to work a screwdriver!

2. on the wall or GD measure up 28.9 inches...now this is the HEIGHT of the lamp from the ground at the Zero point (meaning at the light bulb itself)...now the light WILL NOT touch that 28.9 line because the light is aiming down.

3. you can now take out your screw driver and put it down the little hole and turn the handle...you will want to make it come closer to the line that you measured on the wall...it obviously can NOT come all the way up, because then you might blind the person infront of you. Hyundai DOES NOT have the actual measurement that IT SHOULD BE, but this should atleast give you a good guesstimate.

here is a pic of the backside of the lamp.

good luck and come back with questions...if somebody could take a couple of pics of before and after that would be fantastic!!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I request a DIY :). Please and thank you.

·
Registered
108 Posts
fyi - with the KDM projectors there are two adjustment points on the back of the headlight. one for up/down, the other for left/right. both use an 8mm socket.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
DIY or bust.

·
Registered
75 Posts
good lord. i don't know if it's for real or if it's b/c of this thread but i was doing a road trip this Black Friday weekend (Oh, happy thanksgiving to you USofA'er) and driving at night while on the open road with no other street/highway lighting - the worst, all i could see was a little bit of road ahead. was so afraid of getting the good news from a deer or something. going to try and rectify it with the info here. thanks for the post.

·
Registered
75 Posts
fyi - with the KDM projectors there are two adjustment points on the back of the headlight. one for up/down, the other for left/right. both use an 8mm socket.

nice, good to know, getting the KDMs soon

·
Registered
359 Posts

ok...there is no distance to the wall, but generally its 10ft. So put he nose of the car 10ft from the wall/door.

so here is what you do.

1. pull the car up to a wall or the garage door...you MUST have the correct air pressure in the tires (32psi), be on perfectly flat land, and know how to work a screwdriver!

2. on the wall or GD measure up 28.9 inches...now this is the HEIGHT of the lamp from the ground at the Zero point (meaning at the light bulb itself)...now the light WILL NOT touch that 28.9 line because the light is aiming down.

3. you can now take out your screw driver and put it down the little hole and turn the handle...you will want to make it come closer to the line that you measured on the wall...it obviously can NOT come all the way up, because then you might blind the person infront of you. Hyundai DOES NOT have the actual measurement that IT SHOULD BE, but this should atleast give you a good guesstimate.

good luck and come back with questions...if somebody could take a couple of pics of before and after that would be fantastic!!
The distance from the headlights to the wall should be 25 feet. Mark the physical headlamp locations on the wall (both high and low). The low beams should be adjusted down and to the right of the crosshairs (I've always used 2"-3" offset as a rule of thumb). The high beams should split the crosshairs.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
256 Posts

so here is what you do.

I have just installed the low beam HID and have adjusted the height level at the screw A. But this morning when i started the car, i found the right side high beam height level lowed more than 1 feet before. Did the adjustable screw point A also affected the high beam level? I remembered i have adjusted the low beam before and it didn't affect the high beam. I tried to swapped with the other left side high beam light bulb and it's the same. It was not the light bulb problem. So where is the screw point to adjust the high beam level? Our high beam is the DRL so it look so strange comparing with different right & left height level.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
I'm glad here in the U.S. we don't have DRL's. From what I've come to understand, extensive studies have shown no actual safety benefit of the DRL's (where they started over in Europe) so it would be nice if they pulled them from all vehicles in all countries my opinion.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I'm glad here in the U.S. we don't have DRL's. From what I've come to understand, extensive studies have shown no actual safety benefit of the DRL's (where they started over in Europe) so it would be nice if they pulled them from all vehicles in all countries my opinion.
Indeedy Grey, they only there for looks. But it's compulsory by law for european manufacturers, well in France anyhow, to have them fitted for new vehicules. It was only designed for oncoming motorbikes so they can see you... go figure that one out when they coming from behind you ..... lol

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Speaking of adjusting the headlights... I adjusted mine up 1 full turn on both tonight and it seems to have made a nice improvement. No flashes from on-coming traffic yet so that's a good sign I'm not blinding anyone.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Where can you get the KDM projectors, and how much do they cost? I just bought my red one yesterday, and was disappointed that it didn't come with factory projectors.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts