Veloster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people, time for my first question...

So I just got my veloster (more info on that in my new member post) and I want to install my amp and sub. These things are maybe a bit dated but still sounds good, so if it ain't broke why fix it right?

Anyway, I've seen mixed messages on how to setup the amp. Some places I see there's an amp already under the seat, some say there's just a connection in the same spot. Some. Say you have to connect to the back of the head unit... can someone point me in the right direction to figure this out? I've wired this sub amp combo a few times on different vehicles so once I know where the connections are and have a wire diagram I should be good to go. Thanks!

·
weekend racer
7,244 Posts
what trim is your veloster? base will not have an amp under the seat. style and tech will. that determines your options.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a base. Would that mean I go straight to the head unit? Also you know of any decent guides I can kinda follow along?

·
weekend racer
7,244 Posts
i don't have your answer unfortunately but with some searching here you will probably get the answers you're looking for.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm, alright, well I've got a 3 day weekend starting now so I'm gonna figure it out one way or another, I'll post something after I figure it out for the next person in my situation. Thanks.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I don't think anyone has done a step by step with pictures because there are so many different variations in the theme - where is the stock amp? Is there a stock amp? High level vs low level inputs S/PDIF, what type of sub are you putting in, etc. All the information, pinouts etc is on this site. It would be cool for others if there was a guide, good luck on it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I think I basically figured it out. But its been raining since yesterday so I haven't had a chance to get it done yet. I'll post some info after my trial and error is complete haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts